Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do!!??

Options
  • 12-01-2005 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I'm about to buy a AMD 64 chip... Im going 90nm for better power consumption and stuff but I need to know whether people have found that the 3500+ is worth the extra 100 or so euro over the 3200+?? Pricipally for gaming and other stuff! I dont wanna have to spend 270 when I can get the 3200+ for 190?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

will you be overclocking it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 GazaM

If you're willing to overclock it then the 3200+ is a better choice. It can easily be overclocked to perform equal to or better than a 3500+ on stock cooling, so paying an extra €100 isn't worth it unless you aren't willing to overclock. Although even if you aren't, the 3200 shouldn't limit you in any current games any more noticably than a 3500.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Brilliant. Thanks for the advice folks... and yeah I'll more than likely be overclockin it... Thanks again... Any good sites on overclockin? I know theres a good thread here that I started but is there any that ye know to be worth lookin at?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Archytas wrote:
    Brilliant. Thanks for the advice folks... and yeah I'll more than likely be overclockin it... Thanks again... Any good sites on overclockin? I know theres a good thread here that I started but is there any that ye know to be worth lookin at?

Thanks

http://www.overclockers.com/

If your stuck just post here on boards.

Advertisement