Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Festivals and clubs in Australia

• 12-01-2005 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

hows it goin everyone...just wonderin if yis could help me out with sumthin...im goin 2 australia in a couple of months time with a few mates and dont know what da story is with clubs and dance festivals over there. if any1 has any stories or a bit of info on anythin id much appreciate it. wouldnt like 2 go over and miss out on a bitta blackguardin....thanx :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Where are you going Christy? Its a big place is Oz.

From my experience Melbourne is easily the best place in Australia for dance events and festivals etc. Its clubs are not full of posers like Sydney's. All depends on what you are into though, In Melb techno and Psy Trance are quiet big while Sydney is very commercial. Brisbane is very much into drum n bass and hard house etc.

Anyway a great forum for Aussie events here

http://www.bluelight.nu/vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=26&ts=41e536a3

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Christy1

cool man...we're prob gonna end up settlin in sydney 4 a while and get a bitta work first then travel round a bit but id be fairly pissed off if i missed a good festival or sumthin seein as theres never anythin on over here like ya know. thanx 4 da link aswell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

Christy - I was in Syndey for a year and found out about events through friends, posters, flyers in shops etc... exactly the same way you would here. One word of warning, bring alot of good and new tunes on CD with you. The music over there is way behind what we have over here and not as good!! With so many houseparties etc they will defo come in handy - enjoy! - I did - best year of my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Christy1

hhmmmm thanx for da advice sandy. did ya go to many clubs over there urself?

Advertisement