Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking around Vicar Street?

Options
  • 12-01-2005 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm going to see Pat Shortt and was wondering could anyone tell me of some places to park near Vicar Street?

Much obliged,
    Homercles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

think there is a car park on thomas street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

just checking - where's the bast place to park around vicar street?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

there's a multi story just up the road on Thomas st. heading away from Christchurch

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

You can park on the street for free! Across the road from Vicar Street there is a small road - it leads to the NCAD. Usually plenty of parking there on gig nights. Also from Christchurch up to the venue you'll often find lots of empty spaces, it's free after 7pm so get in early!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Not sure I would be comfortable parking on the street - I usually park in Christchurch multistorey - up the side street diagonally across from the Cathedral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I parked on the street the last time I went there - just outside Aldi or Lidl. It was lit up, so very safe & free of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

Last time I went to Vicar Street I parked the car in the carpark in the Jurys Inn across from Christchurch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

cor wrote:
    Last time I went to Vicar Street I parked the car in the carpark in the Jurys Inn across from Christchurch.

Is this a public car park...?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

It was open to the public, but it's a few years ago since I used the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

homercles wrote:
    I'm going to see Pat Shortt and was wondering could anyone tell me of some places to park near Vicar Street?

Much obliged,
    Homercles.

Most of the multi storeys wont fit Tractors. Ha HA HA Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Heading to a gig in Vicar Street tonight and wanted to check about parking. Anyone got any ideas where I should head to?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's parking on Francis St, also a car park at the Tivoli (not sure what time it closes at) and there's a multi-story carpark down on Thomas St near Lidl. Does be plenty of on-street parking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yep, should be plenty of parking on the street. Just be careful about what's on view. Usually a given for Dublin, but especially around Thomas street. Park in well lit areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭poms

I might be wrong in saying but does the multi story car park in thomas street not close at like 7pm?

WindSock wrote: »
    Yep, should be plenty of parking on the street. Just be careful about what's on view. Usually a given for Dublin, but especially around Thomas street. Park in well lit areas.

Defo don't park at the back of Vicar St near the flats, bad news all over that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭bumpydog

Is there any disabled parking in/near Vicar Street?

bumpydog wrote: »
    Is there any disabled parking in/near Vicar Street?

Define what you mean by disabled and I'll point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭bumpydog

Define what you mean by disabled and I'll point you in the right direction.

As in a disabled parking bay for a badge holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

None on the street in that area that I know of. Thomas St. Multistorey is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

a slightly different request in the same vein....hopefully you guys can help! I do need parking near vicar street, but it has to be from mid afternoon. It also has to be somewhere I am pretty much guaranteed a space as I'm very tight on time on the day pretty much just need to be able to dump the car and run. Any ideas?

I'll need to be parking at 4pm if that makes a difference. I will hopefully get back to the car around 6 so places that close early would probably work.

As a backup, is there anywhere nearby that I can park up until midnight?

I appreciate any help, I'm pretty clueless about Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

sorry to bring up an old thread, but prob no point in starting a new one, but going to a gig tomorrow in vicar street, so wondering is it safe these days to park on the street.
    I did it before when going to the olympia, so can't recall meeting any nacks...

Chance I take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

There's so many cops around I'd say the already slim chance of something happening are nearly zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

We parked in a side street (John street,between Thomas St and Oliver Bond St ) a few weeks ago , and came back after the gig to find a car window smashed in.... the scumbags didn't take anything just threw stuff around. The next night we were at vicar st again and this time we parked on Meath St,and the car was ok.First time this has ever happened in all the years of parking in Dublin. Try and pick as public a place as possible.

I'd say Meath Court would be your best bet to park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

heading up tomorrow, and looked at aa route watch, and nearly all streets are closed to parking tomorrow around vicar street?

what would my best bet be? a luas in from the red cow........ :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Very old thread but suits my Q. Is there still on street parking free on Thomas street? Going to a gig tonight

Very old thread but suits my Q. Is there still on street parking free on Thomas street? Going to a gig tonight

Don't think so tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Same question 8 years later:D:D. I sure lots has changed in relation to parking. Any tips on where to park?

Same question 8 years later:D:D. I sure lots has changed in relation to parking. Any tips on where to park?

The side roads off Meath St or Francis St would be the best bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Right you have two multistories (one behind the petrol station on the quays and one behind Lidl) not too sure on their opening hours mind. You also have the side streets off Meath and Francis streets too

Advertisement