Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband available in Cabinteely

• 12-01-2005 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi there!

I'm just after emailing NTL and i also rang them up just to confirm it that NTL Broadband is available in Cabinteely. I'm living in The Park but i wasn't sent any letter etc. about the area being enabled and tbh i was just chancing my arm as i usually do by emailing them to see if it was enabled; but it is!

I know this may not effect alot of you but i just wanted tolet those who can get it know.

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

If its available YOU MUST GET THIS SERVICE. It's far better than any other ISP in the country. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

nice one to see they are working outwards of dublin now, i've been holding off for these for so long, next stop bray.

they are by far the best company out there

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

Just ordered the 1.5mbs service, works out at 450 yoyos per year (incl. 3 month free trial) which is 30euro cheaper than IOL regular broadband per year!

Now i just have to put up with this 30days written notice thing before i'm free from IOL.

Bring on the 30GB cap!

Brian

brian_ire wrote:
    Just ordered the 1.5mbs service, works out at 450 yoyos per year (incl. 3 month free trial) which is 30euro cheaper than IOL regular broadband per year!

Now i just have to put up with this 30days written notice thing before i'm free from IOL.

Bring on the 30GB cap!

Brian

They're upgrading the line to 3mb/s AND increasing the cap. Can't argue that its good value. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Nybras

Cremo wrote:
    nice one to see they are working outwards of dublin now, i've been holding off for these for so long, next stop bray.

they are by far the best company out there

This is NTL your talking about? I though they were taking all their equipment back as some were faulty?
    I use to work for them in East Point...never again!
    What is their charge for Broadband now days?

• Advertisement

Faulty. My equipment has been pretty much fine if not a little bitchy. They charge only 50 yoyos for their 1.5 meg a month service and thats a hell of a lot better than any other ISP i've checked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Infini wrote:
    They're upgrading the line to 3mb/s AND increasing the cap. Can't argue that its good value. :D
    You don't happen to know what the 750kb/s service is being upgraded to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Nybras wrote:
    This is NTL your talking about? I though they were taking all their equipment back as some were faulty?
    I use to work for them in East Point...never again!
    What is their charge for Broadband now days?

That was some wierdo telephone over cable yoke and nothing to do with broadband.

Upgrade of speeds here have yet to be confirmed. People just reckon they are happening because of the last matching of speeds with the Uk.

AS for working for NTL - might not have been pleasant for you but their broadband is a delight as can be seen from this forum. Perhaps if you worked for IBB supporting ripwave, your comments might be relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

i quized the customer service lady about the upgrade to 3mb/s but she wasnt giving anything away, i doubted she would though.

robbie1876 wrote:
    You don't happen to know what the 750kb/s service is being upgraded to?

I've heard they're upgrading it to 2MB/s. The cap is to stay at 30GB a month on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Infini wrote:
    I've heard they're upgrading it to 2MB/s. The cap is to stay at 30GB a month on that one.
    Wow, that would be sweet. I would have expected 1Mb/s or 1.5Mb/s tops. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

any idea of availability in terenure? their damn website doesn't have coverage maps - but I know they do crumlin - which is only up the road....

any idea of availability in terenure? their damn website doesn't have coverage maps - but I know they do crumlin - which is only up the road....

Their website's fairly outdated. You'd have better chances if you phone them. 1800 924 424.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I'm living in bray at the moment and i'm on eircom broadband(you know the dearest and worst broadband, 4GB cap are they mad!)and i'm on there free trial as well. Anyway i just wanted to know if it would be worth my while to wait for NTL or stick with eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

The only broadband provider that appears to be able to plan a month ahead is Eircom, the rest you can ignore until they have a service that's available to you. IBB offers a wireless service in Bray, if you can see the mast at Windgates.

You can ignore the Eircom cap, it's not enforced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Infini wrote:
    Their website's fairly outdated. You'd have better chances if you phone them. 1800 924 424.
    number you gave is EsatBT

Advertisement