Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jp mcmanus

Options
  • 12-01-2005 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

how exactly does he make his money on the currencies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i think its by buying it at one price and selling it somewhere else at a higher price!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

buy low, sell high, the same way as everyone makes money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Who is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭coolio_64

how can you get into this

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Go to a bank and change all your cash to dollars. Wait a while for the dollar to rise against the euro and then change it all back again.

That's the easiest way I can think of at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Jim Kernsey

There are several bookmakers online who offer this service, they fall under the title spread betting, Its high risk high return.

you have to open an account with a minimum of 500Eur. and thats the minimum I know of, most are 1000 sterling.

be careful some of these spread betting companies are dodgy, especially the irish ones.

good luck in your trades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

There are over 1 trillion dollars traded daily in the global currency markets so its a booming business.
    However you really need to have an indepth knowledge of the markets and their inner workings before making a career out of it..
    Try doing a course or something coolio.

Also by the looks of things to dollar wont be rising anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Anyone else ever get pissed off at JP's rep for being a great citizen for contributing grandiose sums of cash to charity, Limerick GAA etc.

Then to find out he's a tax exile, refusing to pay tax to our country, 'resident' in Geneva, Switzerland, while the rest of us PAYE chumps pay through the nose to keep this country's schools and hospitals running.

Apologies for the rant but seeing people like this held up as Irish heroes really pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

and if you were in his pstion would you not do the same?

coolio, there is an old saying it takes money to make money, i have seen you post around here before and to be honest i think you are looking to see how you can make a quick (and easy) buck. To be honest its rare to make quick and easy buck, you have to be in the right place at the right time.

If i remember correctly you are in IT, start small build up an IT business and in a few years look to sell it.

Advertisement