Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isis

Options
  • 12-01-2005 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

This subject may have been discussed before but feck it...!

Anyone out there listen/entranced by the music of ISIS...specifically the Oceanic and Panopticon albums...?

Truly incredible music...

We have to get those guys over here to play...seriously

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've got Oceanic and it's some album altogether, but I've not gotten around to getting my hands on Panopticon as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've never heard any of their studio work, just live bootlegs which were pretty impressive sounding. I should really get a cd so I can hear them properly instead of through some guy's jacket...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

We have to get those guys over here to play...seriously

Were over last year, and were fan-bloody-tastic, even if they didn't play Weight... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ShotgunblueZ

The Panopticon Album by ISIS will not disappoint anyone...Like every great album, it requires repeat attentive listening and the whole album should be treated as one monolithic movement...

Tool's bassist guests on the penultimate track - 'Altered Course'...

Highly recommended...

ISIS Website = http://www.sgnl05.com/

• Advertisement

The Panopticon Album by ISIS will not disappoint anyone

Very true, got it today and I'm well impressed.

John2 wrote:
    Very true, got it today and I'm well impressed.

Good to hear John2!...It will get more impressive as you continue to listen...

It's not a million miles away from the last Neurosis album, I like the sound they get out of their instruments, it's not exactly distinctive but it's very nice.

Advertisement