Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm prob going to get **** for this aswell :/

Options
  • 12-01-2005 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Just would like to make a public invitation to Beruthiel
    to engage in a discussion reguarding my behaviour on the personal issues forum. Apologies for starting a thread for such a thing but Beruthiel doesnt seem concerned with speaking with me via pm (as she requested)

ChRoMe
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

What does it matter? She changed her mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You broke the charter, I'm not sure what you were expecting to happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

I shouldnt expect any sort of discussion even if I do follow a moderators instructions?

I'm not under any illusions I know this place is a dictatorship but why even bother to give me false information saying I can take up any grievences when this is not the case

A very confused ChRoMe

Were you abusive in your PM(s) to Beruthiel?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think the thinking is that you kept off topic when specifically asked to stay on topic and Beruthiel banned you. Clear and cut which means that she shouldn't need to waste a part of her life in conversation with you as to exactly why you were banned - because it was clear and cut.

Much time has been spent on PI behind the scenes by Beruthiel and myself these past few days hence we do not feel obligated in spending more time if it is not necessary.

The directing towards Feedback is not for you and her to debate in - it is for you to complain to Administration if you feel unjustly done by. As far as I understand it - afaiui.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I have nothing to add to Gordons comments as he has said it all for me

koneko: No I wasnt abusive at all. In regards breaking the charter I wanted to discuss how it was worded becuase I didnt think that broad terms such as muppetry gave enough information.

I was forced to countuine to be off topic as no other avenues of communication were available. Catch 22?

Again if Beruthiel didnt wish to communicate with me further (fair enough) why invite me to pm her? Thats what I dont understand

ChRoMe

Edit: for the days that John Breslin and Tom Murphy would outright call me muppet at least I knew where I stood :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gordon++

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

ChRoMe wrote:
    I was forced to countuine to be off topic as no other avenues of communication were available. Catch 22?

You can...

(a) Start another thread (charter willing) and continue on.
    (b) take it to private messages with the person in question in the thread (not the mod).

Hobbes: I doubt that a seperate thread in personal issues would have been tolerated (just a guess).

I did use the pm route but recieved no response

ChRoMe

• Advertisement

Chrome,

Whatever about misunderstanding the charter, or the charter not being phrased so it's clear, you were given a warning but continued on, which is why you were banned. Can't really get more simple than that. "Don't do that" "I'll do it anyway"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

chrome.
    be a big fella, and take it on the chin, and stop whinging eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Get over it! If you really have that urgent a problem you need to discuss in PI, post unreged.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

ChRoMe wrote:
    Just would like to make a public invitation to Beruthiel
    to engage in a discussion reguarding my behaviour on the personal issues forum. Apologies for starting a thread for such a thing but Beruthiel doesnt seem concerned with speaking with me via pm (as she requested)

All I have to say is that if I find you signing up second accounts again, presumably for the purposes of getting around the PI ban, then you're banned permanently.

Oh, and you muppet. (happy now?).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

ChRoMe wrote:
    koneko: No I wasnt abusive at all. In regards breaking the charter I wanted to discuss how it was worded becuase I didnt think that broad terms such as muppetry gave enough information.

Again if Beruthiel didnt wish to communicate with me further (fair enough) why invite me to pm her? Thats what I dont understand

ChRoMe

Edit: for the days that John Breslin and Tom Murphy would outright call me muppet at least I knew where I stood :)

That's why my charters spell it out.
    Don't be a muppet and you wont get banned. Bannings are at the moderators discreation

I've found it works a treat.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

it gives me a warm feeling inside when all the mods band together against one individual.

Have you got a specific complaint about a poster on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

ferdi wrote:
    it gives me a warm feeling inside when all the mods band together against one individual.

You should probably keep that out of there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

its stuck :eek:

• Advertisement

ecksor: I wont be doing anything about getting around the PI ban so cool your jets :) I dont have a problem with being banned. I admit that I was given a warning and I decided to act anyway. That was my decision and I stand by it. I just got a little confused (it happens easily enough).

So anyway just so we can put this to bed what I couldnt understand that after several invites to discuss the matter I was denied the chance. So with that I bid you adieu

ChRoMe

p.s
    da mbeadh am agam marauidh me thu bastun salach (100 posts in 6 years)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

ChRoMe wrote:
    p.s
    da mbeadh am agam marauidh me thu bastun salach (100 posts in 6 years)
    Hrm, Irish doesn't make that sound any more threatening ...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Woo!
    Someone owes me money. I won the bet as to how long it would take this thread to appear. :p

As for PM.

Uh, give it 3 days at least before claiming that someone never replied. I regularly see PMs in my inbox, close the window while I consider my response, then promptly forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It's the American way ...

I just don't see them in my inbox... I open on the page where the only indication of the PM's is in the top right corner... rather small.

John

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

seamus wrote:
    As for PM.
    Uh, give it 3 days at least before claiming that someone never replied. I regularly see PMs in my inbox, close the window while I consider my response, then promptly forget about it.

For the record, his PM’s were answered as much as I deemed necessary

Weird my inbox is empty. I waited over a week.

The irish comment was tongue in cheek sorry if it was taken up otherwise.

Beruthiel: Cant resist replying huh, is it my magnetic personality :D

ChRoMe

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

switch 'magnetic' for 'really annoying sometimes'

by the time you get bored, you will be back on PI anyway.

besides, i just find it ironic that you got banned for writing about me.
    tht makes me feel all warm on the inside, and not a little bit moist either.

my work continues, even with me not around :)

as for ferdi, can all the mods please ban him from your respective forums. id put this on the super duper sekrit moderators sh1t list forum, but i cant be arsed....

mod-bashing for no particular reason is a sport around here, it's the new black

• Advertisement

You Racist.

John

Advertisement