Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carpooning in Finland

Options
  • 12-01-2005 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

Read here - (half way down the page)
    13.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think the term is carpooning.

Carpooing conjures up a whole different image :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

TmB wrote:
    I think the term is carpooning.

Carpooing conjures up a whole different image :)
    Yes I edited it as you were posting that....sorry :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I like it! Soon to be featured on Top Gear skewering caravans! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 atlantis

I honestly don't know what to think of that. it seems to be both drilliant and crap at the same time which is a great achievement in itself. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Yeah, I recall seeing that Merc in action on a car programme some years ago.

The Finnish police were 'toying' with the idea to catch criminals during car chases.

I'm surprised no electronics genius hasn't come up with some invention which, when pointed at a car, would disable it electronically ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What a ridiculous idea :rolleyes:

The criminal in front will just do a sharp right handbrake turn just before a lampost and let the police car crash into it, instantly killing the police driver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 atlantis

Yeah but thats not gonna do much good if theres more than one police car behind you. It'll just add another item onto the list of charges and thats if you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

I'm surprised no electronics genius hasn't come up with some invention which, when pointed at a car, would disable it electronically ?

They have - I saw it on Tommorrows world a few years back. Basically a really fast remote controlled rollerskate that zips underneath the target car and puts a massive current through it which fries the engine management. Don't think it works on older cars though.

Advertisement