Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW US Server population

Options
  • 12-01-2005 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

So it seems that Blizz are putting in place a mechanism to move players from high pop servers to lesser populated ones.

Atm theres a good few of us on Warsong and its REALLY laggy at peak times. I know that I'd be interested to see what other servers are on offer and i think some of the other lads are curious too.

My question is, what PVP servers are you guys all playing on?

Whats the population like on them? If its fairly high, do you have lag trouble? If its not, do you have problems getting groups, auctioning items etc?

Last but not least, As warsong is a very slightly horde-centric server, is your server massively shifted in favour of either faction? (The nightmare would be to end up somewhere like Mal'ganis where apparently its about a 10:1 ratio of H:A thanks to the goon squad)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'm on Eredar and so is Dr. Teeth. I actually dunno about faction ratios, I've only started really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Dr. Teeth, Quozl, Donal, myself and it seems now dappergiant are playing on Eredar :)

Though to be honest I haven't played a lot after hitting 60, partially because the PvP system isn't fully implemented yet, and partially because I have IRL commitments at the moment.

However if anyone on Eredar needs help with a difficult quest or wants to run through a tough instance for them, give me a PM on here and i'll be happy to log on and help you out. The best time for this would be at the weekend however, since I don't have access to my pc during most of the week right now due to being out of dublin.

p.s. I can't help out with gold as i'm 400 or so short of my epic mount :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

àfter some recent surveys lee, apparently the alliance now have a slight number advantage on the horde on warsong

i dont think we should use our one chance to change, warsong is great, im sure they'll fix the lag issues, annoying as they may be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Kinda off topic but how do you all get round the thing Blizzard implemented to keep EU players on EU servers?
    I've been considering getting WoW but I'd like to play it with my old SWG guild, at least to start out with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Wertz wrote:
    Kinda off topic but how do you all get round the thing Blizzard implemented to keep EU players on EU servers?
    I've been considering getting WoW but I'd like to play it with my old SWG guild, at least to start out with...

you get a u.s version of the game and on sign up you enter your correct name and credit card number but enter a fake australian address
    it has to be australian as they can check to see if the address matchs the credit card with a u.s address but not australian

you might be able to get a u.s version on ebay but as its sold out in shops it could be difficult
    i have mine for sale on boards (i hope the pimpage is allowed if not delete) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=217027

Dapper i played as horde on Eredar , horde is heavly outnumbered and outleveled there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

horde is outleveled yes, outnumbered now. Right now there are more alliance high levels than horde high levels, however it seems that in lower levels the horde have greater numbers.

Anyways I don't trust that wowcensus crap, as its very inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Myself and BK-Dzr are on Eredar aswell... I never find it too laggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

yer on eredar. apparently horde are outnumbere 2:1 (6k to 3k or sommet) but the Horde are much more organised which makes defending an area against a raid difficult. Apparently their big guilds all work together.
    We (my alliance guild and a cpl smaller others) doing a big raid this sunday tho and will see how it goes/ how big it actually will be.

Horde raid ashenvale at leasta couple times a week (last big raid the horde did they actually managed to get to ruth'eran village before being repelled) and had almost complete control of astranaar, maestra's and darkshore (as much as they could anway seeing as its alliance territory). The number of players involved was massive apparently and all levels (ended up being swamped by a number of 2* player. barely survived till my backup arrived :) )

All in all Eredar is good fun and lag i found is almost none existant!

Zekiel i aint seen you on in aaaages. Since like the 3rd day i got it. You got a new character or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

If anyone of you Eredar people are around level 20-25 and alliance, let me know if you fancy buddying up to do some quests. Everyone else I know is far too far ahead of me.

I'm a 23 Hunter called Veredus, currently pissing about Westfall (need to do Deadmines) and Redridge. Well not currently, currently I'm in work, wishing I was playing WoW.

Advertisement