Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking via Operator

Options
  • 12-01-2005 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on picking up a k700 pretty soon from O2 using parents upgrade but not really wanting to pay to unlock again. How easy is it to unlock via the operator?Its a bill phone and the account has been open for over 2yrs now.

Hope someone can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

bump ^ ^ dont mean getting it unlock in a shop I just want o2 to unlock it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Bill fones for the most part come unlocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

ciaranfo is right
    the only reason they are locked (GENERALLY).....is because the prepay phones are subsidised so heavily

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Don't know what the procedure is but the 2 bill phones, 1 original and 1 upgrade I got from o2 were both locked.

Just ring them up to get the unlock key.

Same situation here, two of my brothers are on pay monthly with Vodafone. One has a Motorola V525 and the other has a Nokia 6230. Both were locked.

I also had a Motorola V600 which was locked to O2, they can't be bought on prepaid.

I'm not sure what the procedure is but they might give you the code if you're out of your minimum contract period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Thanks thats very helpful lads.

While on this note will this cable be able to update the software on a k700?Griffin Flasher Cable using the online updater at sonyericsson.com or will it only use unofficial releases and void the warranty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Thats actually the wrong cable

The cable you need is this one

Only thing is, I dont know if it works with the Sony Ericsson site. I think you will have to use it with one of the unlocking/flashing servers.

As far as I know, the Sony Ericsson site only supports the sync stand.

Advertisement