Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The O.C theme tune

• 12-01-2005 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

just wondering does anybody out there know the song name/artist of the O.C theme tune at the start......?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Phantom Planet - California

It's on the OC compilation CD. Excellent CD.

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

easily the best thing about the OC, it all going downhill once that song stops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

easily the best thing about the OC, it all going downhill once that song stops

Based on the awfulness of the season 2 premiere, I can't disagree! 'The O.C', big fat meh. Song-wise, I prefer 'I Don't Wanna Be' by Gavin DeGraw, the opening credits song for 'One Tree Hill'. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

If ya can't find the Phantom Planet or OC soundtrack, get Orange County soundtrack, it has that song on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Song-wise, I prefer 'I Don't Wanna Be' by Gavin DeGraw, the opening credits song for 'One Tree Hill'.

You want to lay off the crack until your hearing clears up.

• Advertisement

You want to lay off the crack until your hearing clears up.

Nah, the crack is the only thing that gets me through 'The O.C' these days :p

As a full song 'California' works better, but I still prefer the edit of 'I Don't Wanna Be' for the opening titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Cheers for the replys.....

Weird TCamen you must be able to read my mind coz i was also going to ask who sings the opening credits song for 'One Tree Hill'

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

tis a gr8 lil song i just downloaded it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

whereu download it from u mind me asking *adele*...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I used to be a huge fan of Phantom Planet back when Jason Schwartzmann was still in the band. But i lost all respect for them when i heard 'California' on 'The OC'

For those who don't know, Jason Schwartzmann was the drummer in 'Phantom Planet' who became a well respected actor after his brillant performance as Max Fischer in 'Rushmore'.

Since then, he's went on to make films such as 'Simone', 'Spun' and 'I Heart Huckabees'

• Advertisement

For those who don't know, Jason Schwartzmann was the drummer in 'Phantom Planet' who became a well respected actor after his brillant performance as Max Fischer in 'Rushmore'.

Never knew that, and I love that film.

Is any of the other Phantom Planet stuff worth checking out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

magpie wrote:
    Never knew that, and I love that film.

Is any of the other Phantom Planet stuff worth checking out?

'Rushmore' is a brillant film and a brillant performance by Schwartzmann also.

The earlier Phantom Planet albums ('The Guest' and 'Phantom Planet Is Missing') are both brillant albums! Haven't heard much of their new stuff.

You'd also know the lead singer of Phantom Planet (Alex Greenwald) if you've seen the brillant 'Donnie Darko'.. he played Seth, the bully who kept threatening Donnie.

You'd also know the lead singer of Phantom Planet (Alex Greenwald) if you've seen the brillant 'Donnie Darko'.. he played Seth, the bully who kept threatening Donnie.

A talented bunch, evidently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

TCamen wrote:
    Based on the awfulness of the season 2 premiere, I can't disagree!

i gotta agree with ya!! :D dont worry the oc does get better!!but the first three or four are crap!! :eek: wait till u see the 5th and 6th it all picks up from der!!

i gotta agree with ya!! dont worry the oc does get better!!but the first three or four are crap!! wait till u see the 5th and 6th it all picks up from der!!

Yeah I've heard from a few ppl that have 'acquired' all the episodes so far not to expect much. I thought season 1 was too long, and seemed to run out of steam towards the end, so I've been a bit underwhelmed for quite some time. Hopefully it does pick up! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Agreed. It's still OK turn-off-your-brain TV, but it lost its edge for me after the Tijuana episode last year. From then on, it just became poorly plotted, predictable and over-soaplike.

This season has been painfully poor at times though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i know there was probably 1001 threads and this is not the thread for the question i only started watchin the oc on monday worked my way through season one and the first 3 of season 2 what channel and at what stage in the series are we at on normal tv??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

mayordenis wrote:
    i know there was probably 1001 threads and this is not the thread for the question i only started watchin the oc on monday worked my way through season one and the first 3 of season 2 what channel and at what stage in the series are we at on normal tv??

TG4 - Monday next - Series 2, ep 3 "The New Kids on the Block"
    E4 - Tuesday next - Series 2, ep 1 "The Distance"

No one is currently showing season one. The US are next to show ep 9 (it started late this year, so there's not as much of a gab between the UK/Irish and US dates.)

Watched episode 4 'New Era' last night on TG4. Mild improvement in the overall crap quality of the show. BUT, I was very happy they played Rachael Yamagata 'Worn Me Down' (Original EP Mix) @ the end of the episode. Quality song.

She's gonna be in the Peach Pit, I mean the Bait Shop this week in America, episode 11 "The Second Chance" :D

Advertisement