Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monkeys

• 12-01-2005 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy a monkey?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Why would you want a monkey?

Buy a monkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭shelly04

i have 2 in the form of brothers.
    you are more than welcome to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Why would I want a monkey!?!....they rock the body that rocks the party I looked into it myself but all I could find was some warped labratory in Dublin that had Monkeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If you really want monkies - You will need to import from the uk or from the north - You do realise monkies smell & bite?????????

If you really are interested in learning more check this site out http://steveman.conforums.com/index.cgi?action=login2

Marmosets are about £1000 a pair - & monkies need to be in pairs or groups!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Magnolia Fan,

Are you serious or trolling?

Keeping a monkey as a pet is not a great idea. A lot of monkeys just aren't suitable to be kept as pets and become very unhappy and destructive (especially when they reach their "teenage years"). They're not meant to be kept as pets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

koneko wrote:
    Magnolia Fan,

Are you serious or trolling?

Keeping a monkey as a pet is not a great idea. A lot of monkeys just aren't suitable to be kept as pets and become very unhappy and destructive (especially when they reach their "teenage years"). They're not meant to be kept as pets.

But tarzans monkeys are always well mannered and come when they are called, and that one that hangs around with Clint Eastwood and the pgtips monkeys and the monkey butlers in the Simpsons.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Clint Eastwood hung around with an Orangutan. Wasn't tarzan's monkey called "cheetah" or something ?
    and the pgtips monkeys and the monkey butlers in the Simpsons.......

Yeah but what about the likes of Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls? He's an evil supervillain.

davej

davej wrote:
    Clint Eastwood hung around with an Orangutan. Wasn't tarzan's monkey called "cheetah" or something ?

Yeah but what about the likes of Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls? He's an evil supervillain.

davej

Orangutan, monkey, man they are all simians, dont be so pedantic :P

But yes I never thought about that powerpuff villain, damn, maybe monkeys are not such a good idea, especially ones with aspirations towards world domination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

maybe not a great pet, but if it was naughty, then you'd have the spank the monkey!!!

....i'll get my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i always thought it was illegal to have a monkey! :eek:

if not, then im getting a monkey, after i rob a bank that is.

• Advertisement

i always thought it was illegal to have a monkey! :eek:

if not, then im getting a monkey, after i rob a bank that is.

Get an evil monkey to rob the bank!!!!

Damn, on reflection that is catch 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

ah in the famous words of Abe(grampa) Simpson "I can't wait to eat that monkey"

I can get you a monkey for a pony. ( said in a Del Boy accent)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

As much as I'd love to have a monkey (and believe me, I'd REALLY LIKE a monkey) I just wouldn't have the time or the enviroment to look after it.

I'm pretty happy with my monkey Darwin though... that's him in my sig...

He may just be a glove puppet.. but he's real to me...

He's actually very well made.. so lovely to touch and he has such a long beautiful tail... If I can make it along to the next Boardstock I'll bring Darwin with me so you can all see how great he is...

Back on topic everyone ::rolleyes::
    (shifty eyes at Blub2k4 and Alcholic)
    Next person to spam or go off topic gets punished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

My mom actually had a monkey when she was younger but she grew up in America. Her sister brought it outside to play with him and forgot to put on his little monkey jacket and he died. She said he was a great pet, I know about the monkey teen years but it doesn't happen to all monkeys just the overwhelming majority and sure if it does happen thats why toilet flush lol J/K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm pretty sure you need to have a licence to keep an exotic animal like a monkey.

Yeah, I get the distinct impression you're trolling, particularly after the comments in your last post. Feel free to PM me if you're actually serious, otherwise this is most likely getting locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

saw this in the buy and Sell

Small Monkey Wanted to good home,
    Owner going away for some Time,

Locked because the PM just made me more convinced you're not even serious.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement