Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicksilver contract ending soon!

• 12-01-2005 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

My 12 month Clicksilver contract is ending soon and I was wondering what happens then?
    Am I automatically signed up for another 12 months unless I tell them otherwise?
    Or, do I just carry on paying my monthly subscription without a contract?

Having said all that, I am very happy with the UTV service and had very little downtime. At the moment where I live, Ballinasloe in Co. Galway, I don't have many other options other than Eircom (too expensive) and Esat (which are an unknown quantity around here).
    It would have to be cheaper and/or faster for me to change from UTV but I'd just like to know where I stand.

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Mine is up soon to.And i cant wait to move!!!Ya just carry on your Contract.you need 3 weeks notice before your 12 months before you cancell.I wil Admit Utv have got Alot better but there has been to many crap downtimes,slow downloads etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thanks for the reply dan.
    I read in a previous thread that you were moving to a 1MB connection(where's the jealously smiley)
    I suppose my real question is do I enter into a new contract unless I cancel the service?

BTW got sorted with a modem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ya sorry about that.The adapter just stopped working.

As far as i no if ya dont cancell you enter a new contract i may be wrong.
    Yup ibb breeze 1mb here i come!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kaizersoze wrote:
    Thanks for the reply dan.

I suppose my real question is do I enter into a new contract unless I cancel the service?

BTW got sorted with a modem

AFAIK once you complete the initial 12 months and UTV have not snared you into a 12 month contract in some other way you can then terminate it at any time by giving a month's notice. Best way to make certain is to ring them.

UTV required people to commit to a futher 12 month contract to avail of price decreases and also require a further 12 month contract if you change between Clicksilver products. A nasty nasty requirement which I hate and try to bash them over as much as possible!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thanks Dub45

• Advertisement
Advertisement