Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mutu to juve

• 12-01-2005 10:22pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭

signed on a 5 year deal starts in may after the lay off obviously will link in a min

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Heard that on 5 live alright.
    Bet chelsea will be a bit upset.

Mutu really falling on his feet if thats true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Apparently he would be eligible for the champions league final - Juve V Chelsea anyone? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

now that would be beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I think chelsea were very silly in sacking him. They acted a bit too quickly I think. The guy went into rehab etc. They basically threw away 13 million pounds for no reason...

what he did was wrong etc and he deserved to be banned, but chelsea were a bit foolish...

well they can do nothing about it now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I think chelsea were very silly in sacking him. They acted a bit too quickly I think. The guy went into rehab etc. They basically threw away 13 million pounds for no reason...

what he did was wrong etc and he deserved to be banned, but chelsea were a bit foolish...

well they can do nothing about it now....
    The problem for Chelsea is that they were in a lose-lose situation.

Sack him and this happens, if they dont it looks like they condone drug taking (or so people will claim). If you are caught taking cocaine in any job you would be out the door quicksmart.

I think FIFA should definately award some sort of compensation to them though. This could happen if a player falls out with a manager and the manager threatens to keep him in the reserves for the rest of his contract. Take some coke, get fired, sign a new contract (complete with hefty signing on fee, sure to pay for legal costs etc) and there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

chelsea are different to every other team though.

no other team would of sacked mutu because financially it wouldnt be wise. But to chelsea it doesnt matter.

the money that it cost chelsea to let mutu go is probaly the same amount abramovich(sp) uses to wipe his ass. its nothing to a club like chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

They basically threw away 13 million pounds for no reason...

They paid 17million for him wasnt it!! anyway Chelsea arnt that thick!! they still hold his registration and wont release it till they get some compo from watever club signs him.....so in other words Juve have signed him but cant play him till Chelsea release his registration.....

Also cant see using drugs as "no reason"! Chelsea could have been sued and everything if they had played him and won a game!! see the way the Russia player and Wales went to get them thrown out because he played against them and then was found to have used drugs!! wat would have happened if they beat someone in CL abd then Mutu was found to be using drugs???? they might have been thrown out!! cant see that as no reason......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

they had to sack him to avoid any law suit Bosnich wold have.....Bosnich was sacked by chelsea for the same reason.....different player but if the club policy changed bosnichs lawyers would be straight on to the club....not that chelsea couldnt afford any costs arising but u know..

johnor wrote:
    they had to sack him to avoid any law suit Bosnich wold have.....Bosnich was sacked by chelsea for the same reason.....different player but if the club policy changed bosnichs lawyers would be straight on to the club....not that chelsea couldnt afford any costs arising but u know..

Cant see how Bosnich could sue!! it is written in players contract that they cant use drugs! he broke the contract! end of story! once he admitted taking drugs to everyone including the papers he cant turn around then a sue a club for sacking him!!

Also Bosnich came out and asked Chelsea not to sack Mutu!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Big Nelly wrote:
    Also cant see using drugs as "no reason"! Chelsea could have been sued and everything if they had played him and won a game!! see the way the Russia player and Wales went to get them thrown out because he played against them and then was found to have used drugs!! wat would have happened if they beat someone in CL abd then Mutu was found to be using drugs???? they might have been thrown out!! cant see that as no reason......

As I said, the guy was going to go into rehab etc. He could have come back after his ban etc, the same way ferdinand did (i know its not exactly the same, so dont start :))

He could have played again after his ban was over. I can see what you are saying about the bosnich thing and the reason that they did sack mutu was because they set a precident with bosnich, but with sich a big investment they could have thought twice

• Advertisement

As I said, the guy was going to go into rehab etc. He could have come back after his ban etc, the same way ferdinand did (i know its not exactly the same, so dont start :))

He could have played again after his ban was over. I can see what you are saying about the bosnich thing and the reason that they did sack mutu was because they set a precident with bosnich, but with sich a big investment they could have thought twice

Dont mention Ferdinand....dont even wisper it or you will start a war again!! my point is that although they sacked him they still hold his registration so he cant play for Juve until they get this off him.....so Chelsea will hold out for some sort of compensation! maybe a mill or so!!

Same thing happened witht he french midfielder that Arsenal got off Marseille(sp) in the summer! they wouldnt release his registration so he wasnt able to play in the games in the early part of the season!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Perfectly right to sack him, just wish man city had gotten him!

Cactus Col wrote:
    Perfectly right to sack him, just wish man city had gotten him!

City wouldnt be able to afford his wages!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Big Nelly wrote:

Very true, although could have been an investment, get him on a three year contract, play him for one year, let him redeem himself by playing class soccer, sell him for 8 million +.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Big Nelly wrote:

That wouldn't stop city though. They're £60 million in debt! You don't get that way by paying attention to silly things like being able to afford something.

Anyway i thought this juve deal had gone through a long time ago. Mutus agent is the son of the juve chairman afaik.

David19 wrote:
    That wouldn't stop city though. They're £60 million in debt! You don't get that way by paying attention to silly things like being able to afford something.

Anyway i thought this juve deal had gone through a long time ago. Mutus agent is the son of the juve chairman afaik.

Yeah he is the chairmans son!! Juve prob didnt want to waste wages for such a long period so snapped him up now in case anyone else came in!! then they only have a few months left to pay him until he returns....

Just abit off point.....City have more or less told Keegan he has used up all teh cash! that why they are selling Anelka!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Big Nelly wrote:
    Yeah he is the chairmans son!! Juve prob didnt want to waste wages for such a long period so snapped him up now in case anyone else came in!! then they only have a few months left to pay him until he returns....

Just abit off point.....City have more or less told Keegan he has used up all teh cash! that why they are selling Anelka!

Lol i think he used up all the cash and then some. 60 million in debt.
    I doubt juve are paying him now. Isn't he a coach for a romanian team? Im sure he gets a bit from that to keep him going.

Adrian Mutu's move to Serie A giants Juventus will not be sealed until the Football Association release his registration.

Mutu was sacked by Chelsea in October and banned for seven months by the FA after testing positive for cocaine during a random drugs test.

But the Romania striker was understood to have signed a five-year deal with the Italian club on Wednesday.

However, a Premier League source said: "He cannot sign for Juventus officially.

"He may have agreed to sign for them when his suspension is finished but the FA hold his registration until the ban is complete."

Mutu's ban was extended worldwide by FIFA and the striker cannot play again until May.

He is also appealing against his dismissal by the Barclays Premiership leaders and the Premier League confirmed today the hearing is likely to take place towards the end of this month.

Juventus announced Mutu's signing as a free transfer because he is technically unattached but Chelsea will demand a fee to offset the loss of an asset they valued at £13.7million when they severed his contract.

Chelsea maintained a zero tolerance policy towards Mutu from the outset, sacking him before his disciplinary tribunal, criticising the FA's leniency in handing out a seven-month ban and immediately instructing lawyers to prepare a case for compensation.

The club's resolve to recoup some of their investment has not weakened and if they fail to extract a transfer fee from Juventus they may well opt to pursue compensation through the courts in what would almost certainly the first case of its kind in the game.

A senior Chelsea source said: "Our position hasn't changed one iota. We definitely feel we deserve some compensation from the player or his new club. You don't just wave goodbye to a £13million asset and say 'So be it'."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=soccer/05/01/14/SOCCER_Chelsea_Mutu.html

Advertisement