Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple Piercing, Whats it like?

Options
  • 12-01-2005 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

I've decided that when I reach the big 30, which isn't for 5 years,(nothing wrong with planning ahead) to get both my nipples pierced. Can I get some negative/positive feedback please. I'm still gonna do it but it'll be nice to hear your lovely stories. AH!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh dont put it off,just get up one morning,go in and get it done,if you decide you dont like it,take em out.
    Personally i havent gotten em done(yet) but the nipple is pretty sensitive so its gonna hurt and healing time can take up to a year to heal fully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

The pain is not unlike getting an injection from the doctor, a deep scrape type of feeling, not that bad, and it really only flashes pain for a second.
    The healing time can take longer than a year, mine took almost two years to heal.
    Is quite nice when you have it done, makes you aware that all of a sudden you have nipples, which as a male can be quite a revelation.
    I have both mine done with a horizontal ring on the right and a vertical barbell on the left.
    go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭CraigMMMMM

jus go get them done, d more ya tink bout it the harder it'll be, i got both mine done, first was bout 3yrs ago an 2nd only a month r 2 ago, pain only last a few seconds then ya dont really notice it at all, and they look deadly when healed an all,

jus go for it is all ya need to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Got em both done & I didn't feel a thing..... aftercare with them is ESSENTIAL to follow, cos the bastardin' things can get irritated or infected & they take months to heal correctly & fully.... but I love mine!!!!

::: ven0mous :::

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Are they easily infected? I did have a labrette piercing maybe 2 years ago, it was fine healed perfect and all, but I found if I banged it even accidentally it seemed to take longer to heal, suppose its the same with every piercing, i'm scared me young fella might jump on me one saturday morning and thats 2 weeks extra healing or whatever.

You see with piercings you use lightweight metals to fool the body into thinking there's nothing there so the piercings heal around them. Piercings like eyebrows fail because of 'movement', which causes an irritation, rejection, then migrations where the body starts building tissue up behind the piercing eventually pushing it to the surface where you get a rupture & a scar for your troubles.

With nipple piercings the problems are things like abrasion where clothing rubbing off it causing irritation, redness, soreness, sometimes cracking of the skin & eventually that can just get infected - don't forget the piercing is covered as well, which means trapped warmth, which helps breed bacteria, which can cause an infection - not to mention sweat, which is not too good for it either.

I cannot stress enough about aftercare with piercings like this or any piercings that are going to be covered by clothing most of the time. Use your cleaning solution, make sure you take your Zinc & vitamin suppliments, try to let them air as much as possible, & clean with hypo-allergenic soap, ensuring you let it airdry as opposed to trying to dry it clean - this can cause aggrivation.

Hope this helps in some way - class dismissed kiddies!!!!

Ta much for that info, do you pierce or are you a pin cushion?

ether wrote:
    Ta much for that info, do you pierce or are you a pin cushion?

I've 7 piercings & 12 tattoos - but mates of mine are piercers and or tattoo artists, so hence why I know these things.... hehehehehe

I'm not pierced at the mo, but had a labrette and 3 rings in one ear say 2 years ago, just got kinda bored with em, plus I came down with meningitis back then and had to have an MRI which meant taking them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I had my nipples done. I took it out after 6 months though. I get tired of stuff easily, which is why I'd never get a tatoo.
    But it was cool for awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

my mate got her nips done a few years ago. she said it wasnt that sore at all but she used to swim often and after a while the water eroded the nip piercing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

it sounds really painful.. do nipple piercings get caught easily on fabric?

Ask Venom hes the one in the know.

it sounds really painful.. do nipple piercings get caught easily on fabric?

Not all that easily, the worst is when you sometimes try to slide around the edge of a door instead of opening it fully and the edge gets caught on the piercing, it is hard to explain exactly but you dont know you did it until the piercing catches. It only happens a few times at the start and is fine after a while, but very sore when it happens.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Not all that easily, the worst is when you sometimes try to slide around the edge of a door instead of opening it fully and the edge gets caught on the piercing, it is hard to explain exactly but you dont know you did it until the piercing catches. It only happens a few times at the start and is fine after a while, but very sore when it happens.

Had that one a few times, or the other one is putting a jacket with zips on when ur just wearing t-shirt & the zip sides catch under it!!!!! OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Another problem is if you're not careful when cleaning with a cotton bud is a small piece of a crustie breaking off and getting into the piercing which is damn painful. All you can do is salt soak it til it breaks down & comes out.

Blub2k4 - I know EXACTLY how that feels, I managed to catch my left nipple on the shower frame nearly everyday for the first week after getting both done. Fortunately it never did any harm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

This is something I wanted to get done for ages but I'm too much of a wuss. And I'm a girl so do ye think it would hurt more for me coz I have boobs...or wha?

Also, wearing a bra, would that make it all warm and bacteria ridden.

It sounds so icky but I want it!

This is something I wanted to get done for ages but I'm too much of a wuss. And I'm a girl so do ye think it would hurt more for me coz I have boobs...or wha?

I know plenty of women who've gotten it done. It 'hurting' seems to be different - some had the same experience as me & found it plainless, others found it somewhat sore, others found it painful. I think it really depends. Best not to really have ANY expectations of pain - best way to approach it.

Wearing a bra shouldn't cause a problem. As long as you rigidly follow your after-care you'll be fine. Also, I'd recommend getting bars instead of rings - as you don't want the piercing moving around, as you're not supposed to 'play with' the piercing during the healing process, as believe it or not this causes irritation & possibly rejection. Bars for nipples until they've settled & healed are the best way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fig

I've had both nipples done for about 2 years. I've resized them up bigger once, I've spoken to my piercer, and he recommends another few months before resizing again.

one of the things about nipple piercings is the ring. I got "D" rings as opposed to completely round rings. I found that they were better for me for preventing infections behind the nipple.

as to getting them done, get it done when it takes your fancy. dont wait 5 years. I dont understand - why wait for something like that.

dont let anyone fool you, it hurts like bloody hell. I think its one of the more painful piercings. even the apadravia hurt less. its all over in less than 40 seconds, and then you have entered the world of piercings.

healing takes its time alright, knocking it off things is a pain, but over time you'll get used to it, and the piercing will heal.

The nice side is that yes, you do have nipples and yes they are sensitive!!! mmmmm.....

bottom line is that piercings in general are a pain to take care of. you must really want to have one to make it work for you.

• Advertisement

I shouldn't have said 30 now, seems like a lifetime away, ok maybe this year will be the year to get my nipples torn assunder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭CraigMMMMM

"my nipples torn assunder"

wouldnt use therm words to describe it at all man, its not as bad as it sounds

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Just get it now. If you want it, theres no point in waiting. I got mine done the day after I decided to get them done.

CraigMMMMM wrote:
    "my nipples torn assunder"

wouldnt use therm words to describe it at all man, its not as bad as it sounds

:D:D:D

How do you know he's not crazy into the S&M scene and would actually like to have his "nipples torn asunder"?
    He might be just gaggin to stick things in them and tear them out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

*cringe*

S&M mmmmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Apparently it tends to be a lot more painful for men!
    As for bras, you're not wearing one 24 hours a day, and as long as you clean the piercing twice a day it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Well me and my girlfriend both got it done together, and to be honest she welled up a little, it swelled up, and got infected. Women have to get pierced behind the "teet" of the nipple, the sticky out bit that gets hard and that :) While men get the teet done.

I found it to be a mild pain, nothing to really complain about. That said it did get caught a few times, which is a pretty nasty, but fades quickly. Like kickin your skirting board in the morning.

Mine fell out though (I had a bar), all the movement or whatever must have caused a ball to come loose on the bar and then fall out. I haven't bothered to get it repierced since...

Sounds a lot more painful for a woman, obviously its a bigger piercing then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Personally (as a girl) I didn't find it any more painful than an ear piercing, it's all over in thirty seconds and thats it, it just stings for a little while. But I would recommend getting a barbell instead of a ring at the start (easier for healing, less movement and less prone to catch on things) and also, if you normally sleep topless, wearing a tshirt in bed is advisable until its fully healed...the experience of waking up in the middle of the night in serious pain cause its caught on your duvet is not one I'd want anyone else to have to go through :D

Didn't cause a problem for me anyway *shrug*

Advertisement