Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nipple Piercing, Whats it like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

Got one of mine done about 10 months ago. (I'm a girl btw.) I have a vertical barbell, which I love. It really didn't hurt me all that much; obiously a bit of increased sensitivity for the first while. It's not healed properly yet, but I haven't had many problems. I think once, for a day or two it got a bit sore and there was a bit of discharge, but never any bad infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 NuckinFutter

i am also a lady! ive mine done bout 2 years....didnt hurt my piercer used a spray to numb it!!! was grand even after that wore off!!!

just keep it clean and youll be grand! it's healed loverly.....and its d business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

I'm a guy (aplause!) and I got it done and it wasn't that it hurt like hell. It did hurt a little (it's all part of the fun!). But when I got it done it felt like it hit a pressure point in my body. I went very pale and felt very faint. Was right as rain after a short while. Took a long time to heal but I love it... Go get it done, you'll be well buzzed!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Ok I'm getting it done, do u start off with a barbell until it heals?, then go on to rings or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

you can choose what you want to get it pierced with.

a babell will reduce the ability of snagging it on your clothes etc but you cna move ring fully and is easier to clean.

each to his/her own though. go with what you think is better.

good luck

• Advertisement

The ring sounds better, and like you said it'll be easier to clean.can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I got both of mine done in December. I cant really say I felt any pain, more in line with someone playing with the first one, then the second one was more like someone playing with it when your not ready lol. I was cleaning them twice daily and after showers as I was told by the piercer. But I found that Salt water cleaning was drying the skin on the nipples. So I stoped them after the 2nd week and just cleaned them after showers (every one or two days) This has sorted them out, and they seem to be healing better now. Its true what was said about all of a sudden noticing that you have nipples. Also the chicks seem to love them :D

Dont ask me why, but I've only met one that didn't like them

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭cat_rant

i have one nipple pierced (working up the courage to get the second one done!) i have very sensative breasts, i called the piercer every name under the sun!

God bless her cotton socks she was very understanding about it. :D

tis funneh tho cos i have since then had both my breasts tatooed around the circumfrance of the nipples and it didnt hurt as much as the piercing. altho the healing time was hell!
    why does everyone instincively give me big squishy hugs every time i get something done to my breasts

sodds law! altho you may laugh at this one , i fell unbalanced because i dont have both pierced how much more anal can you be about simatry

cat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

the actual piercing part isn't too painful, it only lasts for a few seconds and then it's over, it's the healing that hurts. believe it or not, it's very easy to get it, eh, stuck and stuff, or to get a knock from something. which obviously hurts like like a bitch. and like somebody else mentioned, it can take a bloody long time to heal fully. however, it is worth it in the end. basically, stick with it - don't just get fed up during the healing process and take it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

ether wrote:
    The ring sounds better, and like you said it'll be easier to clean.can't wait.
    i've had it done with both, and in my experience the barbell heals a hell of a lot easier (i'm assuming because it doesn't have to heal around a curve). other people i've spoken to have also found that this was the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭cat_rant

i've had it done with both, and in my experience the barbell heals a hell of a lot easier (i'm assuming because it doesn't have to heal around a curve). other people i've spoken to have also found that this was the case.

D rings are grand for that as your less likely to lose your balls! ;) as its pincered into place rather than a screw on imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

When I got mine done in Snakebite it hurt like a son of a bitch! To be honest, I'd heard some people say it didn't hurt that much and some say that it hurt looooads more than other piercings so I think it just depends on the person. Just my luck to be one of the more sensitive ones! :rolleyes:

I was wearing a seamless bra, as I thought it would be appropriate afterwards, but apparently I was wrong as they made me go home with it stuffed in my bag. Lucky I was wearing a bulky jacket otherwise I would have gotten some queer looks walking home!

I got barbells and I hadn't really any problem with healing, other than after a while I noticed that the right one was inflamed. I soon figured out that the gauge was too tight (wierd - they look the same size to me) and sure enough, when I went into Snakebite they just popped a ever-so-slightly wider one in and it was perfect in a few days.

With barbells you have to be careful of the screws though, because with the normal abrasions of your clothes they loosen themselves a little. I found this out when one fell out in the middle of the night. By the time I was able to get a while to myself to concentrate on trying to put it back in (about 12 hours later) it had closed up so much I couldn't get it back in. So I only have one now. I was going to get the right one put back in professionally, but you have to wait for it to completely close up before re-doing it which is a couple of months, basically, and I couldn't be arsed in the end.

Occasionally even now (2 years on) I find it gets tender the odd time. You can expect molecules of lotion, fluff, etc. to get in there despite your best efforts. Then I just spritz my trusty pink Germonlene antiseptic first aid spray on it and hey-presto! it's all happy again. :D

Barbells sound more practical, although rings sound better looks wise. mmm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

Man just do it now. I am getting mine. I used to have it but they felll out in a concert :( The pain when they fell were really sore but its still cool

Advertisement