Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stoop 3g search?

Options
  • 12-01-2005 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

I got hold of my V800 today, all is great bar one problem. the majority of the time im getting "no access to network" . Inthe book it says to go to Connectivity -> Mobile Networks -> GSM/3G Networks. Unfortunately when I go to Connectivity -> Mobile Networks, I have 4 options , New search, select network , search mode and preferred network. so any ideas how to get it to stay on 2g?

*EDIT* as a side note, when I do a network search I get 2 Vodafone (presumably 1 2g and 1 3g), O2, Meteor and 1 called Irl 05. Whats this 5th network all about. *EDIT*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭SF1

The fifth on is 3. But that dosent start for anoth few months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

try setting search mode to manual - it should stop it trying to hop

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Stekelly wrote:
    I got hold of my V800 today, all is great bar one problem. the majority of the time im getting "no access to network" . Inthe book it says to go to Connectivity -> Mobile Networks -> GSM/3G Networks. Unfortunately when I go to Connectivity -> Mobile Networks, I have 4 options , New search, select network , search mode and preferred network. so any ideas how to get it to stay on 2g?

*EDIT* as a side note, when I do a network search I get 2 Vodafone (presumably 1 2g and 1 3g), O2, Meteor and 1 called Irl 05. Whats this 5th network all about. *EDIT*

You're probably using your old 2G SIM. I had the same problem when I got mine. The phone connects to the 3G network, but cannot use it. You can manually select 2G using 'select network', but it will keep reverting to 3G when in coverage. You need to get a 3G SIM from any Vodafone Shop.

Aso, make sure that Vodafone setup the phone correctly on the network. I was having awful triuble until today when they finally realised that my SIM was not properly setup on the network for 3G.

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ro-76 wrote:
    You're probably using your old 2G SIM. I had the same problem when I got mine. The phone connects to the 3G network, but cannot use it. You can manually select 2G using 'select network', but it will keep reverting to 3G when in coverage. You need to get a 3G SIM from any Vodafone Shop.

Aso, make sure that Vodafone setup the phone correctly on the network. I was having awful triuble until today when they finally realised that my SIM was not properly setup on the network for 3G.

Ro

Sorry forgot to mention im on rtg. so no 3g for me. as I said, the maual says I can select between 2g and 3g but I dont seem to have the option in my menu. I can select manual network selection then select vodafones 2g network but after a min or two it starts switching to 3g again when it picks up a signal then I get "no access to network".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I get that very often when I was using the 2G sim card. I've gone back to 3G now.

• Advertisement

are you bill pay or rtg?

Bill pay but I was having problems with the 3G network so decided to try 2G to see whether it will fix the problem. It fixes the problems but new problems appears lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Stuff

I'm having the same problem. I got the phone as an upgrade on my dads billpay a/c but because im on rtg i have o access to the 3g network, so all i get is "no access to network" iinterspersed with the odd patch of 2g availability. the manual does seem to say you can telll the phone not to search for 3g but it looks like vodaphone removed the option. Any help is much appreciated.

I think VF's software just makes the phone buggy. I wanted it to get flashed but none of the Sony Ericsson's servive centre here in Dublin does not support the V800 yet. Probably within the next month.

so I assume im just going to have to pack the phone up and wait for june then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

:( i don wanna have to do that with my 902....... :(:(:(:(:(

you will if your rtg like me. Im giving up and selling out to the man, im going bill pay next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

i dont have the privildge to...ah well

Advertisement