Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telestunt- Getting Calls from THEM- dodgy?

Options
  • 13-01-2005 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

Some bloke from telestunt rang me today asking for my address. He said it was to send me information about their services. I thought this sounded a little dodgy. I said something about looking at their website and then put the phone down.

I am wondering if anybody else has got these calls, perhaps a few months ago and if so did they really send you out anything?

I'm just a little worried i'm going to get a bill for €1000 from them or something. Or one of my friends could... because i recomended them to about 10 people :confused:

Does anybody know if they have a registered company in Ireland?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Some bloke from telestunt rang me today asking for my address. He said it was to send me information about their services. I thought this sounded a little dodgy. I said something about looking at their website and then put the phone down.
    Lke you, I wouldn't have given him my address. Give out more information to a cold-caller trying to sell me stuff? Not a chance!
    I'm just a little worried i'm going to get a bill for €1000 from them or something.
    People can bill you for whatever they like. That doesn't mean you have to pay.
    Does anybody know if they have a registered company in Ireland?
    They have a .ie domain so the IEDR will have done at least some checking before they handed out the domain, eg a letter from the bank manager or their accountant certifying that the company is trading. (At least, that's the way they used to do it).

Anyway, I thought their website (www.telestunt.ie) looked cheap and nasty and it had no contact information that I could see - no phone number and no address - so, personally, I'd run a mile.

Regards,

Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I've had a look around and i think the actual company that run telestunt is called Solaris systems, who are based in amsterdam.

Neither Solaris or Telestunt have telecom liscences, according to comreg.ie. Is this unusual?

I thought telestunt.ie looked cheap too, but i did a search on the web and i see they have telestunt.co.uk, telestunt.nl/de etc etc so i thought they'd be OK.

I know telestunt.ie looks cheap, but i figured "hey, they give cheap call rates... so".

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

It is no longer necessary to obtain a licence before providing telecommunications networks and services.

Solaris Systems BV, trading as Telestunt are registered in the ComReg Electronic Register of Authorised Undertakings as providing "Publicly available telephone services"

Their contact details are listed as:
    Postbus 12516 110 AM Amsterdam
    + 31 (0)800 0231707

Advertisement