Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velvet Revolver Gig - what did you think?

Options
  • 13-01-2005 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Kicked. Freakin'. Ass.

Brownstone was amazing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yeah twas a great gig alright,didn't know most of the songs I'm not much of a fan but I enjoyed myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

I know. I don't like the album, but even those songs sounded much better live - nice full sound, with kicking guitars....great to see Slash~~~

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yeah it didn't hit me that I'll get to see slash until I got in the damn building :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Brownstone was amazing.

It was indeed. Weiland is a lunatic of a frontman. Excellent show, although I wasn't super impressed with the drum sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

didnt get a standing ticket, but seating was more than satisfactory

what a killer gig!
    excellent variety of songs, knowing all the words helps :D
    felt a lil sorry for the rest of the band, after seeing the hero worship the crowd made on slash, but i suppose its to be expected

impressed by the datsuns performance also, although not a huge fan of their music.
    they're great crowd pleasers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I was right up in front of Slash. My feet are killing me. Deadly gig, although being that close meant getting a hell of alot of bass from the speakers. My ears are ringing :<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Jeanie

it was fantastic! highlights were brownstone and Fall to Pieces. I couldn't believe that it was actually duff and slash up there in the flesh...i never thought id actually see them! scott is a great frontman too so hopefully there'll be a few more velvet revolver gigs in the years to come :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Just an incredibly filthy rock show ... consumate professionals....puts alot of professional gigs Ive seen in the last couple of years into perspective.....Velvet Revolver, Rock n ****in Roll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ShotgunblueZ

It certainly was entertaining...however methinks the sound was not of great quality...Mr. Weiland was a surprise and a fantastic frontman - great voice, charasmatic and certainly wired...!

Overall the band gave it their all and it was well worth attending...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah the closer you were to the front, the more horrible it sounded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

was a pretty good gig alright,

My poor ears still haven't recovered though

HA! I don't think I'll be welcome in this thread!!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=217418&goto=newpost

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bumblebeemouth

Gig was amazing but the bouncers were fuking dikheads! Saw one guy get thrown to the ground by his hair and he wasnt even moshing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Real

I thought the gig was amazing. I have seen the original GNR in Slane back in '92 and Axl's New GNR in Leeds in 2002 but I have to say this gig lived up to both of them. Still cant believe I saw the Legends Slash and Duff in the flesh again.

Scott is a great frunt man and really impressed me too.

The whole experience was class , class, class, Wish I could have gotten a bit closer to the stage though!!!

Anyone know anywhere I can get the DVD bootleg??? I know one will surface over the next few weeks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

That was a great gig I thought, I never thought I would get to see legends such as Duff McKagan and Slash play live but there I was last night in awe. Great gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Maybe I am just being a bit weird here..
    But did anyone else notice how Scott walked off the stage at the end of the gig..he just kinda left.. even saw Dave Kushner looking over with a kind of 'wtf' look on his face..
    Feel free to tell me I'm mad ..
    Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I didn't notice. But I don't think I was being very observing.

But anyway. Goddamn! best gig ever.
    I had to bribe the security chick to let me into the barricaded moshpit though, which sucked. But at least she accepted it.

I thought the security were generally alright. everytime I got pulled over the barrier they handed me a cup of water.

Well, I'm making my way to the Cardiff gig next week, and then London. Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

was there any 1 in the middle of the pitt, there was this cirle of people jus rammin in2 each other, i busted my lip moshin to slither, fallen to pices was excellent, queued up since 5.00 to get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Real wrote:
    I thought the gig was amazing. I have seen the original GNR in Slane back in '92 and Axl's New GNR in Leeds in 2002 but I have to say this gig lived up to both of them. Still cant believe I saw the Legends Slash and Duff in the flesh again.

Scott is a great frunt man and really impressed me too.

The whole experience was class , class, class, Wish I could have gotten a bit closer to the stage though!!!

Anyone know anywhere I can get the DVD bootleg??? I know one will surface over the next few weeks!!

I don't know about a DVD bootleg, but you can get the audio on two CDRs through trading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

one word ... AWESOME

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

$lash wrote:
    one word ... AWESOME
    Damn straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

i know i said this on the other thread but

another word.....DREADFUL.

most disappointing gig ive been to in a long time. awful sound, below par performances, lead singer going through a very rough patch and a quiet crowd (and I was in the pit!). still had fun and did my best to get into it but it far from rocked. Slash was fun.

Advertisement