Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Idol 4

• 13-01-2005 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

American Idol 4 is starting on ITV2, Friday January 21st @ 8.10pm, with nearly 3 hours of auditions from across America, only 2 days after it begins on FOX :D:D

No start date for TV3 yet, but according to the RTE Guide, it won't be next week.
    The producer's of the Fox reality show "American Idol" say the show will undergo some major changes in the upcoming fourth season.

For starters, "Idol" will air 10 episodes devoted to auditions -- six in the various audition cities and four in Hollywood, Daily Variety reported Monday. The show will be five weeks into the season before it goes to live performance/elimination shows. Far more auditions were held this year than in previous seasons: 100,000. Guest judges -- including LL Cool J, Gene Simmons, Brandy, Kenny Loggins and Mark McGrath -- will sit in on the early audition rounds.
    The age limit for contestants has been increased to 28, to allow slightly older -- and possibly more desperate -- contestants to get a piece of the action.

Finally, in late February, "Idol" will temporarily go from two episodes a week to a three-episodes-per-week format to determine the talent show's final 12 contestants. The semifinals will be shortened from five weeks to three, with judges picking 24 singers (12 men and 12 women) -- rather than the 32 of last season -- from the Hollywood round. In the semifinals' first week, which starts Feb. 21, the women and men will be split into groups, one performing Monday, followed by the other on Tuesday. Viewers will vote to eliminate the bottom two from each group on Wednesday. That process will be repeated for two weeks, resulting in six male and six female singers in the final 12. That's different from last year, when eight of the 32 semifinalists sang each week, and viewers chose two of them for the finals.
    From RealityTVWorld.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I just like watching the stupid auditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

The auditions are always funny -- they showed a few preview clips of terrible auditionees during the American Idol Christmas Special in December, they were AWFUL, but so funny. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I hate that show,,,,with a passion

I like it :)

Satellite & TV Week was a pack of lies when they profiled the previous winners: Kelly, Ruben & Fantasia.

They claimed Fantasia was the only winner to debut @ #1 in the US. More like Fantasia is the *WORST* selling 'Idol' winner!

Kelly debuted @ #1, Ruben @ #2, and Fantasia @ #8 in their respective launches.

Fantasia sucked big time @ the Christmas Special too, she deigned to perform her new single from her "latest" album (I think she's forgotten that she only has ONE!). It was standard Fantasia -- backing singers doing all the work i.e singing actual lyrics, while Fantasia just shrieked and howled over them. Hope she's not gonna be appearing too much on Season 4!! :mad:

TV3 is starting American Idol 4 next Saturday, January 22nd @ 6pm, with 2 hours of auditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

TCamen wrote:
    TV3 is starting American Idol 4 next Saturday, January 22nd @ 6pm, with 2 hours of auditions.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

TCamen wrote:

That'll be the only 2 hours I'll be watching.... though its not as bad as You're A Star!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ijc

Yeah, so Simon Cowell is still appearing in American Idol! Is this not going to be a bit awkward for him? I mean considering he shafted his Pop Idol co-creator, Simon Fuller, by "creating" X-Factor in the U.K. and, essentially, cutting Fuller out of the equation.
    Anyway, it looks like I'll be watching on TV3 - unless ITV2 becomes free to air on DSat!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

Just endured a few hours of Idol on tv3. Am I missing something here, is there a second competition running that we havn't been told about? Is the idea now to see who can be the worst?? Do some of these muppets not make a recording of themselves first??? I'm reminded of the song "Mr. Tanner" by Harry Chapin, he too was told by family and friends that he could sing.......

Eyed luv two apir yn dat shoe 'cus I cun song ass we'll as I tipe, und eye now ime gud for the linguage ind ducshun an stuff.

Jeez!

Or as every damn performer says on that show - wazzup dogggggggg!

Are they all turning into eminem????????????????????

Just endured a few hours of Idol on tv3. Am I missing something here, is there a second competition running that we havn't been told about? Is the idea now to see who can be the worst?? Do some of these muppets not make a recording of themselves first???

The audition stages always get huge ratings because people want to see the BAD people. It's too much fun watching someone who thinks they're great get torn apart. FOX know we all want to see the rubbish 'talent' so that's mostly what we get @ this stage. Once it moves to Hollywood, there's only what the judges consider to be the worthy contestants.
    Yeah, so Simon Cowell is still appearing in American Idol! Is this not going to be a bit awkward for him? I mean considering he shafted his Pop Idol co-creator, Simon Fuller, by "creating" X-Factor in the U.K. and, essentially, cutting Fuller out of the equation.

He's contracted for another few seasons of American Idol yet. Bottom line, Fuller isn't going to fire Cowell, even though he is suing him over the The X-Factor. Simon Cowell pulls in the viewers -- we want to see him be mean, so if Fuller wants ratings, and PROFIT, he can't shoot himself in the foot by giving Cowell the boot.
    That'll be the only 2 hours I'll be watching

There's 10 hours of auditions, so there's another few weeks of crap people to laugh at yet :)

LMFAO @ the fat triplets, and the Brian McKnight guy :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Who the fcuk is the fourth judge that mark guy he made the most irritating song with shinia twain there a few weeks
    no one to be judging on singing abilities MUPPET

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I watched the auditions there last Saturday, oh hilarious :D Tiz so funny watching the reactions of the judges when someone is singing like a strangled angel :D

Who the fcuk is the fourth judge that mark guy he made the most irritating song with shinia twain there a few weeks

That 'Party for Two' song is quite possibly the worst song ever. :mad: He wasn't a terrible judge though -- Kenny Loggins is easily the least useful of the three celebrities so far.

The editing that happens with the audition rounds is still annoying, even more so when it's obvious cuts that look like they've been done by a monkey. Last year on the Idol thread, I seem to remember someone posted that it isn't TV3 that does the editing, but some company in the UK that gives them the show.
    Either way, there's so much being cut from these auditions. I saw the 2nd audition (St. Louis) in America week before last, and when I watched it again on TV3, ad breaks notwithstanding, there was about 40% of the auditions/ funny bits outside the audition room missing. Instead of being 60mins including ads, the total time that episode was on TV3 was 25mins. For example, there was a hilarious bit with the triplets that Simon said were fat cut out -- they went into the confessional to bitch, and it was quite long and REALLY embarassing, which is what we want to see!!! :rolleyes:

This w/e's episodes, from New Orleans & Las Vegas, there were a few auditions that had the person walk into the room, and suddenly (and very amatuerishly) cut to the judges reactions, rather than letting us HEAR the person first. It's f**king annoying when you get the judges saying "Oh you're x,y,z" when you have no basis to form your own opinion!!

I understand that TV3 would want to edit some things out of the show, but when they start Idol late (always because Popcorn runs over time) and finish it early, wtf are they cutting auditions/getting heavily edited copies of the show if it's not a time-constraint issue?! :mad:

At least once the show moves on to the actual semi-finals stage, the stuff that's cut doesn't really matter, but for right now & the Hollywood round, it's annoying when you just KNOW entire segments are being deleted!!.

*phew* rant over -- the deaf chef guy with the stabbing motions was funny, as was the 44yo guy who insisted he was 28. FUNNIEST audition was the hugely fat psychic, with the hugely fat mother. She was terrible, and all that crap about her getting into the Top 10, but then backpeddaling into "Oh, I just meant I'd be in seat #10" LMFAO :D:D

So this week on FOX, there's been 3 hours of semi-finals...

Monday the 12 guys sang..
    Tuesday the 12 girls sang..
    Wednesday the bottom 2 guys & bottom 2 girls get booted :)

TV3, even though they announced the show to be back @ 6pm this Saturday is showing the first semi-final (the guys) @ 8.30am Saturday morning, until 10am. The 6.05pm show says 'repeat semi-final', but the slot is only an hour, so it's probably best to watch/record the morning 90mins.

08:30 American Idol Semi-final.. (90mins)

18:10 American Idol (R) Semi-final.. (60mins)

On Sunday then, there's just over 2 hours of the show on:

08:45 American Idol The 24 semi-finalists perform in front of a studio audience and a panel of judges.. (90mins)
    10:15 American Idol The 24 semi-finalists perform in front of a studio audience and a panel of judges.. (45mins)

Presumably, TV3 are showing all 24 semi-finalists for the week plus the results in the Sunday edition. You'd think they'd have announced all this :rolleyes:

For one of their most popular shows, they don't seem to care much...

Did anyone see it this weekend?

Most of the guys were fantastic in their round this week, e.g. one sang Lionel Ritchie, one sang "let's get it on". That guy with the dreads (the music teacher - Anwar) is cool!

I couldn't believe that Aloha got booted off instead of Janay Castine. Janay was crap last week and even worse this week - she can't sing, she sounds terrible! Yet the American public still voted for her! :mad: Aaaargh!!

Yesssssss!!

Janay Castine got booted off this week :D Finally!

I'm on for Anwar winning, he kicks ass! :D

Advertisement