Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Much Do Painters Charge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

mad m wrote:
    @Borzoi

.What you up to these days Borzoi?

I'm not time served - started as a summer job, ended up with them for a few years! Learnt alot from some seriously skilled guys, found some awful twats too! Then got bored with the whole manual labour, hard work aspect, so I went back to college and got my engineering degree. And that's almost ten years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

hi mijmu,

what is the ft2 of your house...and are you painting the window frames and walls externally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Mad m,

Did you ever go by the name "Superbrush", it's been a few years now but he was a "Time Served" painter.

A good painter can turn a house into a home, a badly painted house is nothing short of a nightmare.

The nice skips on the ceiling where the roller was running out of paint ? the runs on the doors, how come they are always around the handle or at eye level ?

Why waste your paint ? get a real painter the difference will be noticed by every visitor but most important by the home owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

rooferPete wrote:
    Hi Mad m,

Did you ever go by the name "Superbrush", it's been a few years now but he was a "Time Served" painter. how come they are always around the handle or at eye level?

No sorry i wasnt,myself and another painter who i used to work with were called "Nixer Kings",we never said no :D

The commonest reason for runs around handle is when the door is being painted in most houses on site, the handles are no put on yet so the paint fills up in the hole for the handles and sometimes runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 philoshea

every tradesman that is registered is entitled to make a profit for his pension no point being a fool for people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Holy god ,tales from the crypt:eek:

This thread is an old as my granny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 philoshea

311 wrote: »
    Holy god ,tales from the crypt:eek:

This thread is an old as my granny!

sorry just relised it 2005,im new:o

phil

Advertisement