Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

image processing machine vision help

Options
  • 13-01-2005 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

looking for help on a project, has anyone experience with image magick library or even dublins machine vision neatvision???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

I know Neatvision.

LK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 smear1

i am doing a car number plate recognition system, was thinking about using it, for image segmentation is it easy to use????? (for segmentation that is)

Could you elaborate on what type of segementation you'd like to do.

LK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 smear1

i was planning on using edge dection and then finding the corners of the number plate by the edge and some heuristics, or maybe i could use thresholding i no that neatvision has this kind of functionallity but ive only two months for the implenmentation of this project, so i just wondering is there a steep learning curve with this software??????? and is there support if i run into problems???

I reckon Neatvision should be suitable for ya. I think its user friendly, if a little buggy. For installation follow the instuctions from www.neatvision.com very carefully.

Any problems look at the following message board, for installation issues.
    http://pine.eeng.dcu.ie/pipermail/ee544-talk/Week-of-Mon-20041004/thread.html

LK

• Advertisement
Advertisement