Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's official - US gives up search for Iraq WMD

Options
  • 13-01-2005 12:07pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4169107.stm

Saddening to watch Newsnight last night to hear some idiot defend the war by saying "Nobody would dispute that Iraq is better off without Saddam". I'd like to hold my hand up here and make a wild suggestion. Iraq is not better off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

And here I was thinking that WMD were the main reason for going to war in the first place.

I would have thought that Korea or Iran would have been more likely to be a threat - but then again they would have fought back and judging by the difficulty they have in taking Iraq they wouldn't have had a hope in either of them places...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well North Korea is ready for the imperialist yankees - http://www.korea-dpr.com/history30.htm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Well there is no real point looking for something that doesn't exist. Great reason though to invade a country, has nothing to do with the oil, I swear

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Anyone know of a link to Bushes famous "Hunting for WMD" spoof he did in the whitehouse? I just know that little joke is coming back to bite him on his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hobbes wrote:
    Anyone know of a link to Bushes famous "Hunting for WMD" spoof he did in the whitehouse? I just know that little joke is coming back to bite him on his ass.
    AFAIK this is the one that did the rounds (put together by this guy I believe). It's got some added editorialising. Some info if anyone actually missed the furore.

Advertisement