Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOOM3, installation

Options
  • 13-01-2005 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I ecently got the long awaited game of my wet nightmares, Doom 3, but it took 6 attempts of installing for it to succeed :confused: , it wasn't because my pc wasn't up to the game standards (its installed now and runs smoothly), I was just wondering if anyone else had the same trouble with the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Mine went fine. Wait until you install half life :D, (unless you haven't already)
    Thats a bit more problamatic.
    What went wrong each time do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

went fine for me as well.
    if its a store bought copy of the game, it could be any number of reasons tbh... thats the annoying thing about computers. software can never be guarenteed to run smoothly on them due to the vast ammounts of hardware out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

to Cornflake: I dunno why, but the first time, after I re-inserted the first disc (the game had 'installed') all it had to do was put on the Direct-x thingy, but the thing froze, the computer was still working, it wasn't a full freeze, but the disc wasn't working in the drive, the second time it was after I had inserted the second disc, the third was the same as the first, the fourth was the same as the first and the fifth froze after I put in the third disc, I was conduzzled, as you can imagine, I was about to bring it bak, but I decided to give it another shot, and It worked, *sigh* it was well worth it!

I heard Halflife had problems, mostly with the internet play! I don't have it, I'm considiring getting it, is it worth it? does it live up to the original, or is it just all about the graphics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Marts wrote:
    I heard Halflife had problems

Only 1, install is longer than the actual game.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Half life install is quite good if your on broad band, but on dial up, it takes a few hours. That is very annoying. Half life 2 is good though. Great maps in it, very enjoyable game, but steam was made for broadband, and oin dial up it's just annoying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement