Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Galway

• 13-01-2005 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Just last night I had an eircom salesperson at my door telling me the joys of eircom bb,honestly he was tryin to nearly push me in the door to sell me it. Is it realy completely free? Has anyone from Galway recently availed of this offer? did it take long to connect up? Is eircoms offer better than esat even thou eircom has 4 gig cap? would you get many hours gaming online with a 4 gig cap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

This forum has to be the worse for repeating the same questions over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

go with esat. trust me on this one.

i've been trying to cancel my free eircom dsl trial for the past week so i can go with either utv or esat full time.
    cancelling esat was as simple as sending an email to the sales team and then posting the router to them once i got a confirmation mail.

i was far happier with the service esat provided tbh. far greater value than eircom and i always got good pings in games.

an 8 or 16 gig cap is essential if you're planning on gaming a lot. 4gb would be plenty for pure gaming. but you'd soon go over it after downloading a few map packs/patches/mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭assassin_ie

What were the pings in games with eircom like? I think eircom provide everything needed for free,does esat do the same? I realy duno which company to try beause I can see both of them probably tryin to screw mw out of money someway when it comes to the end of the trial. did anyone else have problems disconnecting from eircom at th end of the trial?

Advertisement