Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bye Bye Motorway

Options
  • 13-01-2005 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

Was talking to a guy in Motorway in Blanch the other day and he tells me that they are being taken over by Halfords in about 2 weeks.....(don't think this has been posted before, I did a search & couldn't find anything, sry if it has)
    Just thought I would let people know 'cause he told me they will be havin a clearance sale.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

fletch wrote:
    don't think this has been posted before

It has...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Sorry about that... :p Feel free to delete this thread then

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

fletch wrote:
    Just thought I would let people know 'cause he told me they will be havin a clearance sale.
    brilliant - maybe their slae prices will bring things down to normal prices now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

I wouldn't think so.
    Even at 50% off they would be overpriced.

Gary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

the old mototstore in liffey valley is open again as halfords start of feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

They were having a 50% sale off everything 2day.....there's hardly any stock left.....they're open 2moro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CNW_GiZmO!

Hi !

Sorry to say this but why support an English company, there are a lot good Irish owned performance and styling shops around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

CNW_GiZmO! wrote:
    Hi Guys, just a thought for the day!

Sorry to say this but why support an English company, there are a lot good Irish owned performance and styling shops around.

For example, Suped is located just 1 minutes drive off the Nass Road and is a new performance, sound, styling etc... shop. It was just opened before Christmas and have some really great deals, especially on alloys (+tyres).

Exact directions and pictures of the shop are located on their site: www.suped.ie

Suped is owned by two Irish Guys (2 Irish Owners X 100 Irishness = 200% Irish Owned) :D

Logical :rolleyes:

Cut the crap. Halfords is hardly performance and styling shop .Yeah, Suped is owned by two Irish Guys selling non Irish goods, big deal. R u looking for free advertisement or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Maybe they should be added here: http://pathetic.org.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

CNW_GiZmO! wrote:
    I can't see any reason to specifically support an Irish company merely because they're Irish (obviously the outlandish takingthemickey profits stay in the country unless they're spent on a beach in Barbados but I'm not greatly pushed at the best of times). Those evil English companies tend to hire people from here to work in their shops so to a certain extent and all prices being equal (and let's face it, they often aren't) there isn't much of a difference for me whether the profits go to Halford's (for example) or the BMW factory/ice-cream sellers on a sunny beach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

CNW_GiZmO! wrote:
    Hi !

Man that suped.ie site could do with some work, I can select options on the left but nothing when the pictures come up. Pictures of blue neon stuff is what I am looking for mate, especially in strips all along the wheel arches like Back to the fut0r3!!!

Advertisement