Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny hand from last night

Options
  • 13-01-2005 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭

This is 6 handed $2 $4 pot limit omaha. I have been running over the table and have a 650$ stack. The only hands that Ive shown have been bluffs. Villain in the piece is a complete unknow, but has a 1k stack after being all inpreflop with AAxx and winning.

I have Aces double suited, and make it 10 to go utg. Whole table calls and the flop is 3 5 2 all hearts. I have the nut flush. I bet the pot which is about 60. The button min raises it to 120. I call.

Turn is a blank, he bets $100, and I check raise to $400. This is when it gets interesting, he calls. Anyone want to put him on a hand now? Whats the plan for the river?

I have about 100$ left and he covers me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

K high flush? A straight with no hearts? You have to stick it in no matter what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Straight flush? (unless you have the 6H suited with your AH)

Unlikely, I know...

Hang on, if you say you have the nut flush, you must have A6H... Has he a straight flush draw, where you have all the blockers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

46 hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

The straight flush is too obvious. I put him on a small straight and reckon he hasn't a clue. 46o or A4o. Maybe even a set and he's drawing.

P.S. Plan for river is all in. don't think theres any question about it ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 zonemelt

A set of blanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Quack, Quack :rolleyes: ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

straight flush i suppose, still have to stick it in now though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

K high flush or a 4h and he's forgot that you have to use 2 cards :D

it's going all in on the river too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I'd stab at 5 5 Kh Xh? Although the goon probably has 4h6h and is playing it poorly. Unless the 4 or the 6 of hearts is your other heart?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Middle set and a K or Q high flush.
    He doesn't think his flush is good since he called on the turn an didn't reraise all in but want to see the river in case it fills his house.

or 4h6h.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I didnt have the blockers so a straight flush was possible, as soon as he called the check raise I put him on a straight flush, so I checked the river. He went all in and I typed: st8 Flush, vnh but cant fold for $100 and called.

He had a 7 hi flush!

Now I played this hand pretty badly I think, against most players Im not going to have my $300 reraise called on the turn unless I am behind, so I should of just bet the turn and then check called the river. I also made a mistake at the end by checking, I did this because all of a sudden I wasnt sure if I was ahead or not, but there is no way that he was going to check a st8 flush, and I would have to call getting 11-1 on my money, but checking lets him off a K flush cheaply.

My guess is the guy was a hold em player who had no idea of what he was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Seems like a nice guy. you should bring him along to the Fitz some night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

He had a 7 hi flush!

If his flush was 7 high he had to have had either the 4h or 6h as well, meaning he had a straight flush draw. In other words, a one outer. It really doesn't get much better if people are chasing one outers against your made hand in Omaha!

I dont think you played it badly, firstly you were playing Omaha, which we all know is the greatest card game in the world ever, and secondly, at the very best your opponent has an 11 outer to the river (house draw, poker draw AND St8 flush draw) so you got your money in while you had the very best of it. Sure, the call must have got you thinking he MAY have the st8 flush, but what are the chances, 65,000-1? (Or is that Carribean Stud odds?). Anyway, it proves that most punters at the Omaha tables are dead money online. And reminds me I must get back online and spend my time playing Omaha and less time playing Pro Evo 4 :D

Advertisement