Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice for Cathy Davey

Options
  • 13-01-2005 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I think on a personal level there is just not enough coverage of Cathy Davey.In my opinion she is the best thing to come out of Ireland in the last decade.When you think of the bands that are flogged to the people everyday for example the revs, bellefire, mundy, gerry fish all this mediocrity that is just terrible.Cathy Davey brings something fresh and is brilliant live I went to see the Manic Street Preachers and while I will be a manic fan till I die Cathy Davey came pretty close.

So people get out there and watch Cathy Davey she deserves your support.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so, she's almost as good as the manic street preachers?

think I'll give her a miss so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

She is pretty good live and the album was on off the best irish releases in recent years but the thread title makes it look like she was fasly imprissioned there were and are lots of good bands/artists who dont sell well despite being great mainly because the majority of the public dont really care that much about music and will listin to whatever is on without seeking out something different

got her album a few days ago. She is fantastic, excellent music and such a lovely voice.

Save button, Clean & neat, and old man rain are a few songs to be 'checked out' if you're curious about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

So people get out there and watch Cathy Davey she deserves your support
    I would but didn't she cancel her last gig in tmbc due to 'recording commitments'. I really liked the album, but its hard to check her out if she goes around cancelling gigs.

I'm sorry I missed her at the manics. if only Lifeblood hadn't sucked almightily I might have gone along....

• Advertisement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/collective/A2928567

a streaming video for clean and neat and a streaming audio for come over

's an odd video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

album is class, she should get to damien rice standards but in reality she will be another frames,paddy casey

possibly, is she being played on the radio at all? I don't listen to any of the stations here so I've no idea how muche exposure she's getting.

Advertisement