Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for €3.99/month in Germany

• 13-01-2005 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

The Register has an article about a new basic ADSL offering by T-Online in Germany for €3.99 per month. It's a basic service without e-mail or webspace and a cap of only 2GB/month. Nevertheless, for people who just want an always on connection to do a little bit of surfing it's perfect. It is the cheapest I've seen anywhere, and to put it in context, Eircom are offering a similar service (albeit with a 4GB cap) for 10 times the price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

2 Megs :/

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

bazH wrote:
    2 Megs :/
    Sorry, that should be 2GB/month. Enough for basic surfing, as long as you not downloading music, movies, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

It's better value than dail-up. You'd never see anything like this in rip-off Ireland. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I suppose it's similar but i've got a 1Gb a month connection through the electricity network for 24€ a month. This might sound more expensive but I don't need (or want) a phoneline so in effect it's just as cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

capistrano wrote:
    The Register has an article about a new basic ADSL offering by T-Online in Germany for €3.99 per month. It's a basic service without e-mail or webspace and a cap of only 2GB/month. Nevertheless, for people who just want an always on connection to do a little bit of surfing it's perfect. It is the cheapest I've seen anywhere, and to put it in context, Eircom are offering a similar service (albeit with a 4GB cap) for 10 times the price.

You missed one thing:
    "And the prices do not include the DSL connection as such. This will still cost you € 16.99 a month for 1 mbit/s"
    In Germany, you need first to have a connection (let's call it "rental"), most would be from D-Telecom but some place are deregulated... and you need to get an ISP for this connection, you can choose to have a limit with the cap or the time or no limits at all.

So it is 20.98, which is still a good value for 1Mb with 2GB cap.
    And obviously you need to add the phone line rental... !
    For all the prices (in German but in euro!): http://www.top-dsl.com/

Raphael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

Oops! I suppose it was just too good to be true.

Advertisement