Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: X-Box Live cancellation

Options
  • 13-01-2005 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

My 2month trials of both broadband and x-box live have come to an end. But I need to cancel my subscription to xbox live. On the web site they give this number to ring 1800 509 186. But it doesn't work, sez only accessable from various regions. I need to cancel it today otherwise the automatic subscription renewal thing will happen & I'll get billed €60 for the next year. Help! Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

You should be able to put a stop top it by changing the billing info in dashboard account menu. Did you have to input a credit card number when you took out the free trial? Try just changing the number and some other stuff and that should do it until you can contact them directly. I had a quick look on the account info for xbox live on www.xbox.com but didn't find anything conclusive.

Good luck.

Edit: Just a thought, did you use the USA country dialing code when you tried phoning?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

It actually asks you what country you're in before you enter the proper site. Now I assume they would give the relavent number to ring when in the Irish part of the web site. But then again...

Agreed. If only things were that well organised. :rolleyes:
    Could be worth a try with the USA code.

You could try here... xbox live support It's the USA support section. Seems to have more options available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

you need to ring them from a landline phone they check what area of the country your calling from, mobiles are not allowed. As said changing the cc number etc should put a stop to them billing you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement