Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 300 free msgs

Options
  • 13-01-2005 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

I seen that meteor are now offering 300 free web messages now. I still only have 30. Anybody else having the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

You have to be on a certain tariff....it's listed on their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

im pay as you go . all my friends are the same and they have the 300 free msgs

Here
    You must be on one of the following tarrifs
    • AnyTime Plus
    • Leisure Time Plus
    • Pay Later plans
    Anyone else not able to send texts using Meteor's site at the mo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

ill dig up my old meteor sim card if they give 300 a month now...
    might aswell. save me using my credit on my 087.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

One of the reasons I stuck with o2 is their 250 free web txts! May make the change! Is meteor all round better now?

• Advertisement

untitled2rv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

cormie wrote:
    One of the reasons I stuck with o2 is their 250 free web txts! May make the change! Is meteor all round better now?

Yes.

Restrictive roaming rules is now the only (slight) complaint I have about Meteor.

As I see it, they have the best coverage in Ireland, seeing as the have their own masts plus O2's.

So, what's the difference between Anytime and Anytime Plus?

Right now, I'm on Anytime, but when I go to upgrade to Anytime Plus it says:
    You are changing to Meteor Anytime Plus which is ideal if use your phone at anytime during the day and regardless of what number you are calling, mobile or landline, you pay one great rate giving you a saving of up to 69%.

Please be aware that you will no longer be able to avail of Meteor Rewards with this plan as you will now be making your savings upfront. Remember you will still be able to avail of free Meteor - Meteor texts for life.

Once you have changed to Meteor Anytime Plus you cannot change back to Meteor Anytime or Leisure Time but can change to Meteor Leisure Time Plus after a month.

I'm not gonna change over just yet. What exactly do I lose and what do I gain by going to their "Plus" option?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is there a price comparisson table anywhere?

I don't roam allot unfortunately:(

plazzTT wrote:
    So, what's the difference between Anytime and Anytime Plus?

Right now, I'm on Anytime, but when I go to upgrade to Anytime Plus it says:

I'm not gonna change over just yet. What exactly do I lose and what do I gain by going to their "Plus" option?
    I "think" calls are more expensive during peak times but less expensive at off peak times (as opposed to one rate on your current tariff)
    Also looks like you won't get bonus credit for topping up by over €15 in a month

• Advertisement

fletch wrote:
    I "think" calls are more expensive during peak times but less expensive at off peak times (as opposed to one rate on your current tariff)

Are you sure? I thought that was the difference between Anytime and Leisure Time.

Both those options now have "Plus" versions, so there's 4 in total.

I'd prefer if they didn't have it so complicated. :mad:

They should just have a "Cheap calls" one and an "Expensive calls" one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I wouldn’t advise meteor. There signal is **** and the reliability of their services is even worse... e.g. free texts from 085 to 085... I had to phone them up I'd say about 20-30 times, none of them helped. None what so ever. They would always say that they fixed the problem I was having and then when I would try to use that supposed "fix" they made, it would still be the way it was when I'd have called them... their ****e, simple as that.

Many times I’d phone them and I’d be going thru the customer... press 1 etc... Menu and then half way I’d just be like cut off... and would have to start the whole process from the start. And other times I'd be on the phone to them, and the signal would begin to go... I'd tell them that the signal was going; informing them that it was just another example of the ridiculous amount of flaws in their network.

They are just some of the problems which I've been having with them... The one thing meteor have gotten right is, the name... They're a flaming ball of sh!te that's going to hit rock bottom... really soon...

Mark my words, if you move to meteor, you'll wish you never had...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

Anytime plus: all calls are 20c per min free voice mail, but you dont get the meteor rewards every month. 300 web text to Irish mobiles only

Anytime: calls to meteor are 9c voice mail is 9c landline is 32c and calls to other mobiles are 45c all per min.
    You get meteor rewards. 30 web text to any mobile world wide, Also calls to the UK are cheaper.

Once you change over you can't change back so give it some thought.

I’m with meteor for over 2 years I have to say they have really got there act together in the past few months no problems to report. And if you go down the country you get the best of 2 networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Mr-X wrote:

I’m with meteor for over 2 years I have to say they have really got there act together in the past few months no problems to report. And if you go down the country you get the best of 2 networks.

I'll stick to the meteor rewards. It is nice to get a free €3 credit when you top up.

But 300 web texts is also an incentive.

I however don't have internet at work.

A few days back I changed from Leisuretime to Leisuretime Plus. I got the 300 free web texts even though I still have the "free texts for life".

The main difference between the tariffs is that Leisuretime Plus doesn't have an off-network peak rate, all calls are 40c/min peak. With the original Leisuretime you were charged 40c/min for calls to Meteor mobiles but 55c/min for calls to Vodafone or O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

ill dig up my old meteor sim card if they give 300 a month now...
    might aswell. save me using my credit on my 087.

vodafone gives 300 webtexts a month aswell!

Thanks for explaining that. I never use my 30 free texts anyway, so I'll so with Anytime for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

Cork wrote:
    I'll stick to the meteor rewards. It is nice to get a free €3 credit when you top up.

But 300 web texts is also an incentive.

I however don't have internet at work.

Agreed the meteor rewards is handy

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/rewards.html

Advertisement