Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need Car Service for NCT - any recommendations?

Options
  • 13-01-2005 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,
    I've got my NCT for 95 VW Golf coming up on 1st feb
    Looking for any recommendations of a reliable garage for
    a resonably priced car service & NCT pre-test of emissions etc.

I'm living in Dublin - Ranelagh area - but prepare to go anywhere
    in Dublin for a decent car service at a decent price

Thanks a mil for any info you can offer
    All the best
    aqua

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

no need for pre emissions check. normally ul have no problem passing unless shes visibly chugging smoke. best advice is get the oil and filter changed in say kwik fit or better yet do it urself as u can let the oil drain for longer. also buy a new air filter for it from a motor factor. this should easily then pass emissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Motorvalue in Prussia St. do a pretest for €90. Check everthing including headlights. Of course they will find things wrong like all garages! Got mine done there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

I don't quiet get it - surely you would just let the NCT point out any faults and then just get em fixed rather than paying for a possibly unneeded service and the NCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

exactly. besides the nct test isnt a reason to service a car....

Advertisement