Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best dial up service?

Options
  • 13-01-2005 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

what company offers the best price on dial up,
    im currently with esat and have netsmart and it gives 80 hours after 6 and on weekends for 40 euros, but feel like im getting raped. any ideas.

can't get broadband, damn sticks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Eircom

Flat rate 25 - 25 hours per month off peak 10 euro
    flat rate 60 - 60 hours per month off peak 20 euro
    flat rate anytime - 150 hours on or off peak for 30 euro per month.

So yes you are getting raped go for flat rate anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I don't know if theres any better than what you have. Most offers are now on broadband. Hopefully you'll have it within the next twelve months as eircom upgrades te remaining exchanges (unless you have a carrier line or your too far from an exchange). Have you checked wether you can get sattelite broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

Eircom Anytime option:
    150 hours for €29.99
    www.eircom.net

UTV
    180 hours flat rate Internet access ANYTIME, day or night
    for just €24.95 per month!
    www.utv.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

good god thats a bad price :eek:
    even eircom can beat that ffs

i think utvip/xl are the cheapest around, offering 180 hours (on or off peak) for sweet fa

eircom are handiest as you can just get it added to your phone bill, and can cancel it as soon as you recieve your lates bill (if you decide to go with them, NEVER cancel before you have your latest bill)

wrong forum btw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

tman wrote:
    (if you decide to go with them, NEVER cancel before you have your latest bill)
    This cannot be stressed enough. They have a sneaky item in their T&C which states that when you cancel, all internet calls between that date and the start of your billing cycle will be charged at normal per-minute rates. The solution is to stop using it before a billing date and cancel right after that billing date.
    I wrote to the Office of Consumer Affairs about this item but they said they could not help.
    I got a refund because I had written a letter with instructions to cancel after the billing date but they ignored that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

Advertisement