Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostbusters tattoo- help

Options
  • 13-01-2005 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I was wonderin if anyone here could help me out.I'm thinking of getting my
    first tattoo and i want to get the ghostbuster logo.I'm not getting because i love the film or anything.
    I want to get it as a reminder of my childhood.Because im 17 and soon enough i'll be leavin school and goin to college and all that.But i had a great childhood.I loved it and i don't want to forget it.

The reason i want the ghostbuster logo is i used to watch the cartoon when i was a kid and i had all the toys.And every christmas I'd get ghostbusters stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭wombat

You might have to try a couple of places, some of them take issue with doing work that involves trademarked characters or icons. I've heard of quite a few people getting in a strop because they couldn't get a nike tick done, or mickey mouse. Something as well known as that logo might cause the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Anywhere will do a ghost buster logo for you.

Of course places are going to have issues doing a nike tick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Make sure they do it right. I lnow someone who got the mortal kombat logo, and it was backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

What kind of knacker would get a nike tick tattoo?! :confused:

To the original poster: think LONG AND HARD (hmm, wonder what google ads will make of that) about this. Getting a tattoo at 17 is a really bad idea. You'd be amazed at how much you'll change in the next couple of years, never mind the next couple of decades. A tattoo is for the rest of your life, and most people seem to forget that. Will you want a ghostbusters tattoo on your arm when you're 40? You have no way of knowing that now. Most people I've spoken to about tattoos have at least one that they regret (usually the first funnily enough). You're never going to forget your childhood, regardless of tattoos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭crash n byrne

You can always get one you dont like covered up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Live life with no regrets, Who cares if you're not into the same stuff in 30 years, its still a diary of life

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sico wrote:
    What kind of knacker would get a nike tick tattoo?! :confused:

To the original poster: think LONG AND HARD (hmm, wonder what google ads will make of that) about this. Getting a tattoo at 17 is a really bad idea. You'd be amazed at how much you'll change in the next couple of years, never mind the next couple of decades. A tattoo is for the rest of your life, and most people seem to forget that. Will you want a ghostbusters tattoo on your arm when you're 40? You have no way of knowing that now. Most people I've spoken to about tattoos have at least one that they regret (usually the first funnily enough). You're never going to forget your childhood, regardless of tattoos.

The nike tick is the most common tattoo in the states!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

It's almost as funny as bikers getting 'Harley Davidson' tattoos - LMAO, you're giving a company FREE advertisement for a start as well as looking like a commercial whore.....

I'd NEVER get a company's logo/brand done on me..... it's just cliché as well as tacky.... plenty of mates of Harley tattoos.... just not my bag to be honest....

The marketing people at Nike & Harley are rubbing their hands with delight knowing people get their logo's tattooed on them - means they know they've got them hook, line & sinker for life as brand supporters.....

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Tusky wrote:
    The nike tick is the most common tattoo in the states!

Aye, i've seen a few scummers with the Nike swoosh tattooed on them...most of them having done it with a sewing needle and biro ink. Classy!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Ghostbusters isnt a brand....its a way of life,
    heh naa i kid, but seriously if I was you i wouldnt get a ghostbusters tattoo,or if you really want it,wait a year and see if you still want it,then get it done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Poster_12874.jpg
    it can always be covered up in a few years. theres sfuk all black, so it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

eth0_ wrote:
    Aye, i've seen a few scummers with the Nike swoosh tattooed on them...most of them having done it with a sewing needle and biro ink. Classy!

Swoosh..what a cool word. I have to make a mental note to use that word more often. Thank eth0!

And as for the sewing needle and biro ink - nothing turns me on more *unf*

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

man i know how ya feel. i wanted something that just said "typical feidhlim" and would always remind me to have a laugh.

originally i wanted a smiley face on the underneath of my big toe. unaware that this couldnt be done.

so i got it on my ass :D

and a year later i still love it. maybe i wont in 10 years, but it will always remind me to look on bright side of life.

work to live, dont live to work... as they say in punk'd.

ghostbusters.... legendary.

cries out awesome eighties. (im only 21 on monday)

maybe consider transformers? thundercats! even better!
    but yeah, ghostbusters is cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Tusky wrote:
    Swoosh..what a cool word. I have to make a mental note to use that word more often. Thank eth0!

That's what it's actually called, the Nike Swoosh. :)

Advertisement