Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utv Free !!

Options
  • 13-01-2005 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

I signed up for the UTVIP Lite Internet Package on the 11th of Nov last. I also got the UTV Talk telephony. They still haven't signed me over after two months.

Has anyone had to wait this long for UTV ???

Getting pissed off with them now 'cause they're not replying to my emails!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Wouldnt complain is there not charging you

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

AntiRip wrote:
    I signed up for the UTVIP Lite Internet Package on the 11th of Nov last. I also got the UTV Talk telephony. They still haven't signed me over after two months.

Has anyone had to wait this long for UTV ???

Getting pissed off with them now 'cause they're not replying to my emails!

AFAIK UTV are not replying to any emails at the moment - they are short staffed (for the last God knows how long it seems :rolleyes: ) and they are giving priority to the phones so your best bet is to ring them. Some people have reported very long waits so maybe an unpopular time might be good. And nothing UTV ever do is free so keep saving :)

The above information comes from the UTV support group.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

dub45 wrote:
    AFAIK UTV are not replying to any emails at the moment
    Yip. And ignorant pricks that they are, they don't mention this in the ticket everyone recieves after submitting an issue -- it would take one of their techs five seconds to make the change[1]. I've just (finally) written to Scott Taunton about issues with my account, telling him to refund the €60+ his company stole from me, and cancel my TalkTime and Clicksilver Plus orders. The company has gone from hero to zero in the past year, I can't wait until May to get the hell away from them.

(That's MAY UTV, not 12 months after I ordered TalkTime. Try to hold me to that imaginary contract and see how pissed off I'll get.)

adam

[1]Having suffered at the hands of this before, I'm in the middle of writing a script that'll resend support requests every 24 hours, 12 hours, 6 hours, 3 hours, etc... until an answer is received. Coding is fun.

dahamsta wrote:
    Yip. And ignorant pricks that they are, they don't mention this in the ticket everyone recieves after submitting an issue -- it would take one of their techs five seconds to make the change[1]. I've just (finally) written to Scott Taunton about issues with my account, telling him to refund the €60+ his company stole from me, and cancel my TalkTime and Clicksilver Plus orders. The company has gone from hero to zero in the past year, I can't wait until May to get the hell away from them.

(That's MAY UTV, not 12 months after I ordered TalkTime. Try to hold me to that imaginary contract and see how pissed off I'll get.)

adam

[1]Having suffered at the hands of this before, I'm in the middle of writing a script that'll resend support requests every 24 hours, 12 hours, 6 hours, 3 hours, etc... until an answer is received. Coding is fun.

I was just wondering if you had got anywhere with them:) And to think you used to be one of their biggest supporters and fought with me when I criticised them:) Its amazing how many 'supporters' they have managed to lose for the want of a big of cop on.

dub45 wrote:
    I was just wondering if you had got anywhere with them
    I switched to Linux on the desktop over christmas (the cart in my effing printer went west too), so I didn't get to send it to him until early this week. I'm waiting for his reply with bated breath, and a serious temptation to start running highly offensive banner ads on my websites if it isn't to my liking...

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

dahamsta wrote:

Ooh ooh ooh.......... i want a copy of THAT! please, pretty please :D

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Ok. thanks guys. I rang them up this morning and told me I was connected since 6th December. No email confirmation or nothing! Well at least all the calls I made during Christmas was FREE!
    :)

UTV tried to hit me up for an extra €106 in bandwidth charges again this month. Last month they claimed it was my fault, this time they admit they screwed up after I tell them they're wrong. ("That's correct, you have a bandwidth allowance of 8GB." "No, I don't." "Oh that's right you don't, dunno how that happened.") (I do, it's because you're a bunch of incompetent muppets.)

I ask about their support, why my phone calls take so long to answer, why my repeated emails go unanswered, she tells me they had a skeleton staff over Christmas. (Presumably they mean the special Christmas they celebrate in UTV in the middle of January.) I ask for the supervisor, I'm told she's "in a meeting". I tell the them to have her call me, they assure me she will. She hasn't.

Another hour of my time wasted, another temper frayed.

Bunch of ****.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Adam,

Supervisor in a meeting=We don't want to talk to you. Old call centre trick. UTV never seem to have a supe available. I think at times its run from the continuity suite at utv.

You will need to go into hard copy mode to get any good of them.

Malcolm called me today to sort things out. As with the last time*, he tackled it in a level-headed way that makes me wonder why the company has problems at all. His position was that the problem comes down to my order being taken over the phone, which shouldn't have happened and led to both issues. So he applied a credit for the full amount to my account, and assured me that I wouldn't be held to a contract extension.

Unfortunately though, the company does have problems, major ones, and they need to be sorted out sooner rather than later. Malcolm tells me that they're doing their best to fix things and I don't doubt him, but as I mentioned to him, they've had staffing issues from the very start and plenty of time to get ahead of the game.

Having to write to a chief exec to get your problem sorted is not a position users should have to find themselves in, especially when some of the problems could be sorted out with something as simple as an autoresponder, a newsletter, or, dare I say it, staff. The latter seems to have happened, one can only hope that these new recruits have the brains to figure out the former for themselves.

adam

*He kinda pulled the wool over my eyes the last time, effectively giving me a freebie that wasn't really a freebie at all, which in hindsight I have to admire. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭imogen

Most IT and telecoms companies operate supervisor callbacks (the agent takes the details, fills in a template of information which is sent to a queue and the supervisor calls you back) because it's more efficient use of their time. The key thing is to find out how they do their escalations and also to understand that most agents are actually penalised the more escalations that they make. And yes, most of these companies switch off their email responses around Christmas and bring them back online in mid-January when things are quieter...

All the best

Imogen

dahamsta wrote:
    Malcolm called me today to sort things out. As with the last time*, he tackled it in a level-headed way that makes me wonder why the company has problems at all His position was that the problem comes down to my order being taken over the phone, which shouldn't have happened and led to both issues. So he applied a credit for the full amount to my account, and assured me that I wouldn't be held to a contract extension.

Unfortunately though, the company does have problems, major ones, and they need to be sorted out sooner rather than later. Malcolm tells me that they're doing their best to fix things and I don't doubt him, but as I mentioned to him, they've had staffing issues from the very start and plenty of time to get ahead of the game.

Having to write to a chief exec to get your problem sorted is not a position users should have to find themselves in, especially when some of the problems could be sorted out with something as simple as an autoresponder, a newsletter, or, dare I say it, staff. The latter seems to have happened, one can only hope that these new recruits have the brains to figure out the former for themselves.

adam

*He kinda pulled the wool over my eyes the last time, effectively giving me a freebie that wasn't really a freebie at all, which in hindsight I have to admire. :)

I agree with you totally. UTV should be a great company - they have really good products - some extraordinary 'background' staff - generally it is possible to get through to someone who will eventually do something (mainly via the support group) yet they do seem to have a tendency to damage themselves.

Maybe its that they try to keep costs so low that they simply cannot operate properly but one of these days they are going to implode if they are not careful.

Up to very recently and maybe even still, they seem to be having problems with Talktime and this seems to happen with virtually everything new that they introduce. In addition there is the aspect of the 'cute hoorism' to some degree mentioned in your last paragraph but especially in their efforts to introduce additional 12 month contracts whenever they can.

I have emailed them a load of questions about Terms and Conditions which they have not answered so far. As regards new staff solving the problem how many times have we heard that before?
    And yes, most of these companies switch off their email responses around Christmas and bring them back online in mid-January when things are quieter...

Not in this case. UTV admitted that they had adopted the policy of not answering their emails becasue of staff shortages.

Advertisement