Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6630 firmware

Options
  • 13-01-2005 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Can people post what firmware version they have on their 6630? I am having awful trouble with my phone sticking on 3G even though there is no coverage and won't switch over to 2.5G. Vodafone support were their usual helpful selves!!!!!!! They suggested I look into getting a new revision of firmware but couldn't tell me what the latest is.
    For those who don't know how to check the revision of the firmware type in *#0000#

Mine is
    V 2.39.15
    11-11-04
    RM-1

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey rich,

I have a 6630 with the same firmware and I don't really have any probs.
    just when trying to download stuff sometimes.
    but call reception is always good and no switching probs there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

i get a 'Connection Error' at times trying to make a call, on some occasions i can faintly hear myself talking in the earpiece and the person on the other end says my voice sounds garbled/muffled (a hang-up and redial usually fixes this)

the data session disconnection would be my main gripe and cause of most hassle, has a few other bugs with the built in apps, handset responsiveness can slow at times and the odd reboot keeps you on your toes

definitely needs a new firmware revision to fix some of these... mine is the same version as is posted (Voda IRL)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

ive the same...

Advertisement