Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lip piercing

Options
  • 13-01-2005 9:13pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi dont no anything about get piercings but am thinkin bout gettin my lip pierced tomorow anyone tell me anyting about the after care??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dont know about the lip piercing. i got a few piercing the usual ****e. eye and ears and top ear or whatever you call it. I was thinking about doing the lip piercing meself i was talking to someone who done it before and said it wasnt that sore. butt hen again they may have been the lucky person who doesnt get an infected lip form a home needle. feck it. ill get it done in the shop. ill juat wait and see what response you get and if its sore. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

seanybiker wrote:
    dont know about the lip piercing. i got a few piercing the usual ****e. eye and ears and top ear or whatever you call it. I was thinking about doing the lip piercing meself i was talking to someone who done it before and said it wasnt that sore. butt hen again they may have been the lucky person who doesnt get an infected lip form a home needle. feck it. ill get it done in the shop. ill juat wait and see what response you get and if its sore. :(

thanks but im not too worried about the pain just lookin after it afterwards specially since i want to get mangled this weekend and im not sure if drinking is too wise.
    yeah im gettin it done in some place in waterford dunno where i'll see tomorow :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

mayordenis wrote:
    i want to get mangled this weekend and im not sure if drinking is too wise.

You'll get SERIOUSLY drunk on one or two pints cos it's an open wound and it'll be going straight into your blood.

I suppose the alcahol will sterilize it but the sugar in the booze will probably mess with it... It's not reccommended afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

SteveD wrote:
    You'll get SERIOUSLY drunk on one or two pints cos it's an open wound and it'll be going straight into your blood.

I suppose the alcahol will sterilize it but the sugar in the booze will probably mess with it... It's not reccommended afaik

WTF, are you on about? It has nothing to do with alcohol going straight into the blood, cut your hand and pour beer over it, you think you're gonna get drunk on that?
    You're only right about one thing and that's that it would not be recommended, as for the rest ....wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I had my lip pierced a couple of years ago. It was painless, but eating and drinking was sore for about 2 days afterwards.

Use your mouthwash regularly and clean the lymph away with your disinfectant and a cotton bud. It's very easy. Don't skip any of your cleaning but don't overdo it - you need to allow it to heal.

You can drink if you want to, but you probably won't want to - it will be very tender.

By the way, I love the piercing. Hope you enjoy it. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for replies everyone,
    ill take it that drinking isnt a great idea for a while
    and i wont neglect the cleaning side at all :D
    thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i got mine done awhile ago, i was told not to smoke or drink for two weeks after.

about 3 days after i was back smoking and drinking....

anyways aftercare isnt too bad, some salty water every now and again helps.
    you'll probly get a long bar to start with in case of swelling to it can be tricky eating as the thing gets caught on ur teeth when u open your mouth so just be careful of that, otherwise happy piercings :P
    :cool:

oh yeah one last question might sound silly how long till i can get my kiss on??

if its ur lip, theres no time, it just might be a bit tender for a few days. so whenever u want really.

btw if u get a spike, kissing and other *cough* activities are very dangerous hehehe
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

if you drank thru a straw would that avoid tha pain?

• Advertisement

theres no pain caused by drinking, its just advised not to drink as drinking might cause the lip to swell.

if its ur lip, theres no time, it just might be a bit tender for a few days. so whenever u want really.

btw if u get a spike, kissing and other *cough* activities are very dangerous hehehe
    ;)

Haha ok i wasnt gonna get a spike anyway but lol.
    theres no pain caused by drinking, its just advised not to drink as drinking might cause the lip to swell.

yeah i'll stay off the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

be careful when eating tho,it will take a while to get used to it and not smash you teeth off it! so just do eveything in slooow motion,and rinse after eating drinking with your salty water.

sickle wrote:
    be careful when eating tho,it will take a while to get used to it and not smash you teeth off it! so just do eveything in slooow motion,and rinse after eating drinking with your salty water.

well i got it done anyway :D
    didnt hurt which was nice, havent eaten since i'll be careful when i do.
    thanks for the responses all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

the drink thing is a prob because alchohol thins the blood, this means you're much more likely to bleed. many a time i woke up and the scaffold bar i had would be crusted up in blood.

Good news for the lip piercé, i have it too it heals really fast after the initial few days of sandwich\double whopper agony

the drink thing is a prob because alchohol thins the blood, this means you're much more likely to bleed. many a time i woke up and the scaffold bar i had would be crusted up in blood.

Good news for the lip piercé, i have it too it heals really fast after the initial few days of sandwich\double whopper agony

have only eaten once since and that was yesterday :o
    how fast those the swelling go down do you know??
    at the moment im just using mouth wash and tcp any other things i should do??

Drinking water with ice in it takes down the swelling, for cleaning though use lukewarm water about as salty as a teardrop, dont think mouthwashe\tcp would be good they might irritate the healing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

mayordenis wrote:
    well i got it done anyway :D
    didnt hurt which was nice, havent eaten since i'll be careful when i do.
    thanks for the responses all :D
    Didn't hurt! Feck off!

Admit it, you cried like a baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

wheres the pic come on hurry up .....

i will bager you until you post one

lol well boards was down :( so i couldnt post a pic will have one on the go tomorow and reactor when i was talkin to you i was on about the pain of being shunned by my parents :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

top lip or bottom lip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ehraz

When I got my lip pierced I took Arnica tablets afterwards. You can get them in any health food shop. They reduce swelling and bruising faster.

Off the point but I started taking them two weeks before I got all four wisdom teeth taken out and I had no swelling or bruising at all. Take them three or four times a day and it should speed up the reduction in swelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

when i got mine done when i was 14 my mammy made me rise it with salty water twas yucky i tought it was kinda a punshment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 NuckinFutter

ooh i wanna get it done! but i dnt want a big ring! how long before i can change to a smaller ring? i suppose it's when the swelling goes down..........any ideas how long that takes?

2 weeks usually

Advertisement