Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cinema & buying online

Options
  • 13-01-2005 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

What 1 box home cinema systems (with no DVD) are people using or can anyone recommend something? I am buying a DVD recorder therefore want to buy an amp and speaker system to complement.
    I have my eye on 2 systems; yamaha AV50 or Sony HT-DDW760. Does anyone have either of these systems.
    On a slightly different note what are people's opinion of buying online from the uk. I can get the sony for 100 euro cheaper on pixmania compared to sony centre. The yamaha is fairly cheap also around €300-330.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

I have the Sony HTDDW860, slightly more powerful than the 760 and with 6.1. I've had it about 2 months now and find it very good IMHO. Pixmania had it before Christmas for €378 but it seems to be gone now.

I have it hooked up to the XBox, Gamcube, DVD, VCR and TV to give surround sound on everything, it makes for much better viewing even with normal TV programs.

The only point to be aware of is how many components you want to connect to it as it doesn't have a whole lot of connections, I currently feed the XBox and Gamecube through a scart switch box so I can get them all connected.

Advertisement