Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin wireless G router

• 13-01-2005 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Bought a new wireless router in the state at xmas, had it working fine then the dog chewed the power cord to the router. I joined the cable back together but I guess I reversed the polarity and now it will not work. Guess it's fried. Can't send it back to belkin as the cord is in a bad state. Any electronic whiz kids out there got any ideas apart from the bin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

dadsarmy wrote:
    Bought a new wireless router in the state at xmas, had it working fine then the dog chewed the power cord to the router. I joined the cable back together but I guess I reversed the polarity and now it will not work. Guess it's fried. Can't send it back to belkin as the cord is in a bad state. Any electronic whiz kids out there got any ideas apart from the bin.

How badly has the wire been chewed up. Is there enough of it left, say a meter from the router end that is still in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dadsarmy

No there is only about six inches from the router side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You could probably get an adaptor in a good electrical shop,usually 12V 1000mA/1A.Centre positive.....hope you haven't shot the router with the reverse voltage tho'

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

How is the dog? Obviously not a George Bush fan risking his life to destroy American exports!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dadsarmy

The dog is fine apart from a sore ass,he seems happy enough to chew other things, may as well give him the router to play with as its no use for anything else. He might fix it, you never know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement