Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Closer - is this out yet?

• 13-01-2005 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

Kind of looking forward to seeing this, and apparently it was released in the UK today. But not a sign of it in any cinema I've checked, asides from a solitary midnight showing in my local UCI tonight. Is this coming out here this week too, or do we have to wait a bit longer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

as am i

it is supposed to be released tomorrow, but theres no listing for it on ugc............hmmm
    must of been delayed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

When I was at UCI (Blanch) earlier, they had a sticker over the Closer times saying "CANCELLED".

It's okay, it's not that good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Like, cancelled forever, or just delayed?

It's weird, cos the UGC sites in the UK have it listed, and I thought Irish release dates were synched with the UK..(?)

Anyway, it's not like cinemas here take to cancelling movies because they're "not that good" ;) Roberts + Portman + Law should be enough to ensure good circulation, no?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm guessing it's postponed because there's 5 movies opening today in UGC: '2046', 'The Aviator', 'Million Dollar Baby', 'Team America: World Police', and 'Vanity Fair'. It's saturation and the movie would get lost. Probably next week instead when it might get released alongside its Oscar competition, 'Sideways'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, wouldn't mind seeing 'Closer' either.

Was suprised 'Million Dollar Baby' is out here ahead of the US. Not released in the US until next Friday (21st January).

Very good film, by the way!

I thoroughly recommend it... and if i recommend it, you know it's good!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

entertainment.ie says that Closer, Ray and Ladder 49 are all out next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

basquille wrote:
    Yeah, wouldn't mind seeing 'Closer' either.

Was suprised 'Million Dollar Baby' is out here ahead of the US. Not released in the US until next Friday (21st January).

No, it was released in the US ages ago. It's only opening wide today though, as is House of Flying Daggers.

'Closer' isn't out until 21 January here.

Incidentally, here's a news article about Closer. It seems the distributors weren't happy with the 18 certificate awarded by the Irish censor, and appealed it (unsuccessfully).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

yep theres posters up in ugc, confirming it 21st january release date

does anyone know what happened to dear frankie ? there were posters up a couple of days ago in the ugc with 'coming this friday' signs....hopefully it hasnt been to far delayed either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

the g/f saw closer when it opened in the US.

muck she said. very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Reef

Saw it today on 'dvd' *ahem* ;)

Heap of crap. Very trashy. I reeeally hate films like that.

Saw Garden state Friday night, I really liked it for some reason.

• Advertisement

Reef wrote:
    Saw it today on 'dvd' *ahem* ;)

Heap of crap. Very trashy. I reeeally hate films like that.

Saw Garden state Friday night, I really liked it for some reason.
    Yeah.. i saw it was 'available on DVD' alright :D

Was tempted to see it.. but been hearing nothing but bad things. Won't bother now!

'Garden State' was one of the best of last year, in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Reef

Yeah I really loved Garden State, lovely film. Well worth the eh...3 hours I waited for it, unlike Closer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

closer is crap, only good thing about it is damien rices input and natelie portman[finer], ****e ****e story;.

garden state is a great film, there something about it, it depresses you its a great film though, soundtrack to it is brilliant

Krispie wrote:
    closer is crap, only good thing about it is damien rices input and natelie portman[finer], ****e ****e story;.

garden state is a great film, there something about it, it depresses you its a great film though, soundtrack to it is brilliant
    Garden State..... best soundtrack of last year, and probably of the last couple of years in my opinion.

Was in my Best Albums of 2004 thread a couple of weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

How can they mess up a movie where Natalie Portman plays a stripper? The movie makes itself.

Advertisement