Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exact meaning of terms of my lease?

Options
  • 13-01-2005 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

My rent book says:

Term of tenancy:monthly
    minimum letting: to end of january.

does this mean, as I understand it, that my lease continues on a monthly basis next month? i don;t need to sign a new lease or anything at that point?
    This is very convenient if this is the case. I don;t want to move yet, and don;t want to comit to staying long-term.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

That's unusual. However, the new Residential Tenancies Act 2004 introduced some complex rules governing when you can be asked to leave and when your rent can be reviewed, so it's likely you won't have to sign a new lease to get security of tenure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

pwd wrote:
    Term of tenancy:monthly
    minimum letting: to end of january.
    Which January?

In effect it's saying rent is paid month and that a months notice to quit is needed in either direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

now january, been renting this place for 6 months.
    cool that's ideal then.
    thanks

Advertisement