Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Handsets Price Drop

• 13-01-2005 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

From Tomorrow (Friday 14th January) Vodafone 3G phone prices (with contract) will drop as follows :

Motorola v980 RRP from €199 to €129
    Nokia 6630 RRP from €269 to €199
    SonyEricsson v800 RRP from €349 to €249
    The above prices are RRP so that generally means low tariff ..
    Therefore higher tariffs or Upgrade spend discounts may also reduce these prices.

Supertime Tariffs Prices:
    Motorola v980 @ €29
    Nokia 6630 @ €99
    SonyEricsson v800 @ €149

Pretty reasonable I'd say.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

lol ya beat me to it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

cool,any idea how much the 902 will cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

dookie wrote:
    cool,any idea how much the 902 will cost?
    I would expect about €50 - €80 more the the v800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

any sign of a definate pricelist from vodafone? the site hasnt been updated yet. Cant believe I paid €220 for the v800 2 days before the price drop, oh well demsr de breaks.

haha hate that!!!no sorry to laff...is it workin ok for u?

i saw the 902 today!!!I LOVE IT...so cool,the size doesnt even bother me!
    the swivel rocks!but typically me i got confused wit it!yay i cant wait...the 17th rite?

• Advertisement

nope doesnt work, im on rtg and am gettingseriously paranoid that a 3g transmittor van is following me because I never lose the 3g and drop to the 2g network, which means i have no network access. looks like vodafonje took the manual 2g network selection option off because i cant do it.

then why do they let u upgrade on anything other than the supertime 3g tariff?
    maybe the 902 will have that option...grr i doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

because u can still use 3g services on nomal tarriffs. just costs u an arm and a leg!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

My girlfriend bought the V800 and then when to the shop the next day (less than 24 hours) only to find that the price has drop €100. She's not a happy camper I tell you lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

any idea what the confirmed RRP of the sharp 902 is? I assume this price also varies on Tariffs and upgrades. The SE 800 seems best value so far...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

any idea what the confirmed RRP of the sharp 902 is? I assume this price also varies on Tariffs and upgrades. The SE 800 seems best value so far...
    What are peoples opinions of this phone? It looks a little "box-y" no? I like flip phones because they're small, the v800 doesn't seem all that small. Plus the battery life is something like 100 hrs, that's just paltry. What are peoples opinions on the phone (N.B. I'm looking for reasons a little more valid then "it's sh*t cool man, it's 3g, it's the mutts nuts...etc etc")

What are peoples opinions of this phone? It looks a little "box-y" no? I like flip phones because they're small, the v800 doesn't seem all that small. Plus the battery life is something like 100 hrs, that's just paltry. What are peoples opinions on the phone (N.B. I'm looking for reasons a little more valid then "it's sh*t cool man, it's 3g, it's the mutts nuts...etc etc")

I have one and I love it, its full of features, aving said that I'm currently using a Nokia 8850 till I get myself on a contract so I can actually use the V800 properly. I love the 8850 cos it does nothing but make phone calls and send txts, so go figure, I love both phones for completly opposite reasons. Anyway the V800 is fairly big compared to a lot of modern phones but still a good bit smaller than the sharp 902.

I've measured it against my old GX10 and its a small bit bigger. Battery life isnt great butim sure if you turn off or some of the bells and whistles you can improve it. At the end of the day as long as a phone lasts 15-20 hrs of heavy use I dont have a problem with it. I've never been away from electricity for longer than that and ive no problem charging my phone while im watching telly or whatever. Ive often charged my various nokias in the pub (mostely because everywhere usually has a nokia charger somewhere on the premises).

Right since I'm moving to billpay I now get another subsidised phone so I'm going with the 902. Best of both worlds , I can choose between the V800 and the 902 on a day - to -day depending on needs. I like the features. Only problem is, when we going to see it? ANyone got any news?

yay im goin billpay!wheres the damn 902...i tawt 17th/18th,iv now been told feb??? v10...u no anything?

is the price drop just a temporary sale type thing does anyone know? they didnt change the prices on their site. the thread is 9 daysold now. not a great turnaround time for updateing the site.

Advertisement