Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JVM on Dell Axim x30??

Options
  • 13-01-2005 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Want to buy a PDA that will allow me to run Java apps on it. Does the Dell Axim ship with a JVM and CLDC configuration. It will be A J2ME app....

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

JVM's on PDA's are a pain in the ass. The best one I reckon is Créme but J9 is used alot as well. If you want to do anything serious or even close to production do it in .Net compact framework. I had never touched an MS language and picked up C# in a day or 2. Iv done a few GPS apps on Dell X3i's and XDAII's.
    Even Compact Framework has some big issues hence most production apps are in C++.

Oh and no they dont ship with any Java support preinstalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

Cheers Rew,

Having a look at Créme now, seems alright.

Youll have to reset the PDA (Hard Reset) every time the Créme trial licence runs out. Last time I used it the docs were terrible. Some features (RMI for example) have to be added if you want them. I looked in to buying a licence for Créme but unless your buying 100+ forget it...

Advertisement