Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ignore this, it's spam and i'm drunk

Options
  • 14-01-2005 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

ok ladies,

The cardoza titles have come in. They're on the first floor. They're pretty good but if they're sold out it doesnt matter because I've set up a repeating order which means they'll all be back in next week. The Brunson book won't be available till next the end of February.
    Please dont ask me anything, i wont respond. T.J cloutier, Mike Caro, dont forget the sale titles on the table on the first first floor for the next week.
    You can ask me when i'm sober at the weekend or ring 6774754 adnd ask for Des 10-5pm.
    Hodges Figgis, 56 dawson street.
    (My opinions in no way reflect upon the corporate face of Waterstones and its mutiltudious affiliates)

Tom Devore is banned from shopping here.

Dont forget about education of a poker player for 5.99 on the table on the first floor for the next week.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

card open I play, card no open I tomoooorrow!!!!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Did you get in the new 2+2 book, Harrington on Hold em?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

If I (only interested in playing real-life tournies or online tournies and sit-n-gos, no cash games) were to purchase one or two books to begin my education - what are people's recommendations? What would a Poker 101 course professor have as mandatory reading for his undergraduates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Sorry if the above text made less sense than it could have. Cardoza publish great poker books. Anything by Cloutier, Brunson, Caro, is worth reading. No, we dont have the Harrington title. Super System 2 will be released to bookshops on February 28th.

I havent ordered any Sklansky because its boring and overpriced but I probably will if I think of it. Better to get it 2nd hand for 5 dollars on Amazon.

I got in 3 copies of Poker - the real deal, by Phil Gordon which is a very interesting read and would make a nice pressie. Also, Bobby Baldwins Winning Poker Secrets by Mike Caro which is a reprint of a 70's book and is pretty much his bio. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Also Amarillo Slim in a world full of fat people is in the biography section. A fun read. I keep forgetting to move it to the poker section. I meant to get somemore copies of Super System (1) to have when the second one comes out. I'll get around to it this week.
    Adios et bon chance, D.

Advertisement