Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs England

Options
  • 22-06-2000 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

The Irish soccer team are having a meeting on the eve of a game against England.

Mick McCarthy says to the lads "Look lads, I know they are absolutely ****e and we don't want to play them, but we have to or face the wrath of the FAI".

Roy Keane peps up "I've got an idea. Why don't you'se all go down to the pub and let me play them on my own, after all I'm good enough to beat them myself."

"Brilliant idea Roy" says Mick, "Let's do that!"

On the day of the game, the lads are in the pub playing pool when Niall Quinn remembers the match is on.

He flicks the teletext on and up comes the score: ENGLAND 0, IRELAND 1 (KEANE, 10 MIN)

The lads cheer and get the drinks in.

At about 4:50pm, they go to the teletext again and up comes the score: ENGLAND 1 (SHEARER, 93 min), IRELAND 1 (KEANE, 10 min)

"Oh Fúck!" cries McCarthy, "What the fúck went wrong?"

They all leave the bar and jump into taxis and head back to Landsdowne Road. They rush in to find Keane sitting in the dressing room with his head in his hands.

"Well Roy, what the fúck happened?!?" screams McCarthy.

Roy protests, "it was all going well and I had the game under control, then that ******* of a referee sent me off in the 12th minute".

Comments

Advertisement