Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSOP Finale du Monde

Options
  • 14-01-2005 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭

A little over two weeks to the main event and one more player to be announced. I'm curious about the prizefund. What does it stand at now and how many places are likely to be paid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

yeah, how much will I be getting when I win this? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I want sunglasses all round and Pudding dressed as Shauna Hiatt! :)

we still okay for Saturday the 29th? think that was the day that we agreed on (albeit to suit me) but we were waiting on approval from Hyzepher?

Should be great fun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

karlh wrote:
    I want sunglasses all round and Pudding dressed as Shauna Hiatt! :)

Sunglasses might be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

[post=2204593]This post[/post] says it's friday the 28th.

thats cool, sorry. fine with me.

just notice Hyzepher set the date as that so we're laughin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Is this gonna have the same format as all the other finals, or are we gonna bump up the starting stacks. Me votes to bump up starting stacks. 5,000 would be super nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I reckon bump up the starting stacks. I had also suggested previously that all final table entrants pay an extra €25 or €50 into the pot as we are all starting with an even chance.

It'll increase the pot by up to €500 for what is essentially a STT, might give us a chance to pay an extra place or two, or just increase the top 3 prizes!!..just a thought

50 is a bit much but since 25 was the monthly entry and would bump it by 250, might be worth it.

dead money, but go ahead ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

After the 10th place playoff there will be approx €1500 in the prize fund - initially I was thinking to pay the first 3. Something like €800, €450, €250 but we can agree on the structure ourselves before we kick off. €150 each if you like ;)

Admittingly the prize fund is not as high as hoped - low attendance in later months mainly responsible but I think for most the money plays second fiddle to the honour of winning the thing.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

The 10th place playoff is directly before the main event on the 28th? Any particular time set yet?

• Advertisement

It's not before the main event - we'd never get it finished. It's next friday 21st @ 6:30pm - I'll be sending a pm to those involved.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

If not everyone eligible takes up they're seat will you be offering seats to those further down the pecking order? Or perhaps even down as far as those not on the pecking order at all?

DapperGent wrote:
    If not everyone eligible takes up they're seat will you be offering seats to those further down the pecking order? Or perhaps even down as far as those not on the pecking order at all?

Already happened

Hyzepher

Advertisement