Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling an idea for TV.

• 14-01-2005 12:58pm

Has anybody got a clue as to how this is done? I've a few good ideas and one noticeably great idea. How do I get in touch with someone to sell it? What about copyright etc. Any help would be most appreciated.
    Papa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You could email info@rte.ie and see what route they recommend. Will probably suggest going to a production company. Just look at the titles at the end of a programme to see a production company name. Maybe check out a programme with similar content to your idea as that company might be more familar/comfortable with handling similar material.

Good luck, I'm sure you have your work cut out for you.

Tell me about it! It's weird, I've heard from a load of people that TV3 are the way to go. Better programming, etc. But it's gonna be a long slow hard slog:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Details here.

www.rte.ie/ipu
    www.iftn.ie
    http://www.tg4.ie/corp/coi.htm
    I've heard from a load of people that TV3 are the way to go. Better programming, etc

Oh! TV3 because they make TV. Jane Gogan is your woman, but make sure the program is hostes or stars her boyfriend Eamonn Dunphy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

There is book that is published every year, called The Writers & Artists Yearbook. It lists all TV Companies with contacts etc, and includes a brilliant guide regarding copyright protection, marketing your idea etc.

Most writers and artist's and people such as yourself always have it by their side. It is not expensive, and is worth it's weight in gold.

Suggest you get a copy. It will save you a lot of wasted time, effort and frustration.

Good luck. :)

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 vinnie vegas

papa,

try moviepitch.com, i thnk it costs like $20 dollars to join but if you have confidence in your idea it might be worth it. best of luck anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Papa Smut wrote:
    Has anybody got a clue as to how this is done? I've a few good ideas and one noticeably great idea. How do I get in touch with someone to sell it? What about copyright etc. Any help would be most appreciated.
    Papa.

Why dont you pm me your ideas and ill mull them over for you :Dkidding ofcourse you get that email i sent you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It takes a hell of a lot of work. You get a synopsis together, send it away... if a company is interested, they might ask you to come in, at which stage you have to get a pitch together, this doesn't mean just having a good idea, it means being able to answer ANY question about your idea... and also being able to pitch it. If you aren't enthusiastic about your work how can others be.

Probably the best online idea you will get is at http://www.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/structure/

John

Advertisement