Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tribute bands

Options
  • 14-01-2005 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭

Lots of good tribute bands around now,,Whats your favorite tribute band, are you in one etc etc

Complete stone roses
    Metalicia
    Australian pink floyd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Smumpkins (Smashing Pumpkins Tribute) are great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

cormie wrote:
    Smumpkins (Smashing Pumpkins Tribute) are great!

Seen the thread, will make it my business to catch them next time they play,, Listening to rotten apples now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I thought the Complete Stone Roses were terrible both times I've seen them, bass player didn't know most of the lines (accurately) and they were playing with Mani FFS :eek:

As a concept, I just don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I like

Metallitia
    Erin Maiden
    Smells like Nirvana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Renagades of funk a rage tribute from Athlone.
    Excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Australian Nirvana
    La Doors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 johnscone

ii like king sativa they do bob marley and have there own stuff too , i used to like the complete stone roses until the front man was changed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

E@gle. wrote:
    Renagades of funk a rage tribute from Athlone.
    Excellent!
    they may have actually played with the smumpkins in TBMC. I "think" it was then, there, and them?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

johnscone wrote:
    ii like king sativa they do bob marley and have there own stuff too , i used to like the complete stone roses until the front man was changed

hOW DID i FORGET THEM,, Class act, better every time I see them, bought the t shirt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Ren0

Shouldn't we just say Flash from Metallitia?

He's in almost every tribute band anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

The Modfathers, a Jam tribute band, are by far the best tribute band I've ever seen. The singer sounds exactly like Paul Weller. Flawless performance. They're playing in Voodoo on the 25th of Feb. Well worth checking out.

I've never seen the Complete Stone Roses, but I would like to at some stage. Maybe I'll venture into the Dance stage at Witnness this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Apocalyptica are pretty good. Wouldn't really listen to a tribute band though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

Australian Pink Floyd - No contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Rubber Plants - Led Zeppelin tribute band. the guitarist also sings, he lives about 4 miles away from me. he in amazing.

Maiden England - Maiden. Maiden. Maiden! First gig i ever seen. Iron Maiden are my faveourite band so it was class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Anyone seen Stairway to Zeppelin?

superconor wrote:
    Rubber Plants - Led Zeppelin tribute band. the guitarist also sings, he lives about 4 miles away from me. he in amazing

Guy from the Rubber Plants is really good. He's called Gavin somethng or other.

Facts About Gavin:

*snip*

It's really a shame cos he deserves to be living the life of a superstar he's that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

eh ren0 think that post's a bit out of order

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I concur. What's your problem, reno?

Went to see The Great Pretenders, a queen tribute band last night. The singer was actually brilliant, but couldn't quite hit the high notes. And no bohemian rhapsody either :(

Wanted to see Maiden England a few months ago in Dolans in Limerick, but we got there an hour early and they had put it in the upstairs venue which is tiny, and it was sold out. Divine Comedy were playing the same night in the larger place and as far as I know, it was far from sold out.

I concur. What's your problem, reno?

I'm not here to make friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

That's good, because you're *yodels* bahhhhhh-ennnnnnnnnnnd!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

The Funky Monkeys....a RHCP tribute...brilliant brilliant brilliant
    haven't seen them in a while but i think they're still goin

One of the band members did a Pumpkins tribute before the Funky Monkeys came on stage. wanted to be that bands bassist but they didnt want me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Australian Pink Floyd - No contest.

BIGTIME!!!!! saw them a few years back, blew me away! :

macker

Advertisement