Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows Xp, automate the cd writing procedure?

• 14-01-2005 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,

just a thought I had and was wondering if anyone here would know how to go about it.

When you mark files to be written to CD in XP it creates a temporary storage folder (so that if you reboot the files selected to be written to CD are still there) this also works for when you pop a blank cd into the drive and the list of tasks come up.

Now, what I was wondering was, is there any way to automate the process so that
    1. user puts in CD
    2. option list comes up
    3. the option to burn files pending to CD is there. User clicks

the files burnt are the files essential for backup on that system (an accounts program in this case).

One way I was thinking of was to create a scheduled task that moved the accounts folder to the CD drive. However, how do I get around the need to constantly reply "yes I am sure" to the annoying messages that pop up?
    then, the next time the user puts in a blank CD the backup can run.

obviously I would need the job to overwrite the originally pending files.

clear as mud?

Advertisement