Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you still believe what you read in the tabloids...

• 14-01-2005 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

...this should make you think twice.

Last September someone posted a mocked up image of the supposedly new Celtic jersey was posted on thehuddleboard:
    http://69.93.29.242/hb/showthread.php?t=43511

There was also another plain green jersey posted which was just the Werder Bremen jersey with The Celtic crest and sponser. I actually think Carling are only Celtic's sponser until the end of this season and if you look closely at the crest you'll see that the bottom is cut off. Anyone with half a brain would know they were mock ups.

Low and behold, the back page of yesterday's daily record there's an exclusive by Keith Jackson:
    http://69.93.29.242/hb/attachment.php?attachmentid=855 :D

Now all the rival papers are making a laugh of the Record.
    The Scottish Sun - Friday, January 14 2005.

A 15 year old schoolboy told last night how he duped the dozy Daily Record.

Robin Gallagher of Ballymena, Northern Ireland designed his own Celtic top before posting it on a fans website back in SEPTEMBER.

Yesterday in a back page "exclusive" by chief football writer Keith Jackson he Record claimed it would be Celts OFFICIAL shirt.

Within minutes of the paper hitting the streets it was exposed as complete nonsense by disbelieving fans. Nike and Celtic ridiculed the story in official statements - and last night Hoops-daft Robin insisted he couldn't believe the Record fell for his obvious wind up.

He said "I can't believe the Daily Record have bought this. I don't read the paper - most Celtic fans don't. This proves why.

"How gullible can they be? It was a wind up on my part. I made a mock strip and they have taken it as the new Celtic top.

"On the strip I made I couldn't get the badge to fit properly. If you look closely the bottom of it is missing.

"If you look at the Records picture the bottom of the badge is missing too they have lifted my design."

After reading of Nike's new deal with Celtic, Robin hit upon the idea to transform Holland's away top into his dream Celts shirt

Creation

After a few minor adjustments he posted his creation on the web. He said: "It was Andy van der Meyde's shirt and it had number 7 on the back.

"I took the name off along with the Holland badge and added the Hoops and Celtic crest.

"On the front I super-imposed the Carling logo over the number.

"After that I just changed the orange to green and that was it.

"Simple really. It didn't take me more than a few minutes.

"I did it in September and posted it on a website. You can check for yourself - I first posted on September 22.

"Most people who visited the site knew it was a wind-up, obviously not the Daily Record though."

Celtic quickly rubbished the Record's report. They were furious that the paper had suggested Nike might break the traditional Hoops.

A spokesman said: "Celtic has a greed a new contract with Nike which will begin later this year.

"There has been discussions with Nike in terms of the proposed new kits for next season.

"However, contrary to reports today, the new home kit will honour the traditions of the club and include the world famous uninterrupted green and white hoops."

A Nike spokesman also confirmed the home top hoops would not be broken.

He added: "We would like to reassure Celtic fans that the images recently published of the alleged new Celtic strip are not authentic.

"We do not know where these pictures came from."
    :D

Comments

Advertisement